sharetrader
Page 325 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    1.04 looking vunerable again
    Well, that's not like you, isn't it? A real bull would predict a bullish $1.03 double bottom ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, that's not like you, isn't it? A real bull would predict a bullish $1.03 double bottom ....
    think just under 1 is next supports if 1.04 doesnt hold
    one step ahead of the herd

SUM technical's looking great, OCA very sad...like one's dog dying.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

calls for a higher staffing levels

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-making-a-fuss

i imagine after the royal commission in aus reccommends this nz will follow at some stage. higher costs coming one day as care becomes a social cost thing not a money thing
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    SUM technical's looking great, OCA very sad...like one's dog dying.
    I guess it just depends on the timeframe you are looking at ... and hey - we are investors, aren't we?

Just looked at the trendcharts of SUM (blue line) and OCA (orange line) since Oceanias listing - and anybody buying at that stage OCA would still be 7.5% better off than holding SUM (and this is not even considering Oceanias premium dividends). So, maybe SUM just playing catchup.

Attachment 10389

One other interesting observation: these two stocks are less correlated than I would have thought. Maybe it does make sense to hold both?

I do.

PS:
    Just read your post in the TRA thread ... I didn't realise you mean the "dying dog" literally. Very sorry for your loss - I do know how it feels to lose a beloved pet ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I guess it just depends on the timeframe you are looking at ... and hey - we are investors, aren't we?

Just looked at the trendcharts of SUM (blue line) and OCA (orange line) since Oceanias listing - and anybody buying at that stage OCA would still be 7.5% better off than holding SUM (and this is not even considering Oceanias premium dividends). So, maybe SUM just playing catchup.

Attachment 10389

One other interesting observation: these two stocks are less correlated than I would have thought. Maybe it does make sense to hold both?

I do.
    Thanks and yes that's quite an interesting observation. Not really all that correlated, quite different business model's.
    Definitely a good idea to have a bob or two each way
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Loosely (or not correlated) maybe

From the weekly numbers on Yahoo OCA floated the SUM share price was 6.2 times OCA's

Today SUMs share price is 6.2 times OCAs

Spooky eh

Hey couts - reversion to the mean in play .....just maybe
    Last edited by winner69; 13-03-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    calls for a higher staffing levels

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-making-a-fuss

i imagine after the royal commission in aus reccommends this nz will follow at some stage. higher costs coming one day as care becomes a social cost thing not a money thing
    I think that's only going to help highly reputable companies like OCA as it takes out some of the truely awful low cost low care operators in this sector.
    I remember an elderly relative whose health collapsed being put into a dreadful place with disinterested overworked staff as it was all that was available , & we couldn't wait to move him.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

I've done plenty of homework on this company and from that I have built a rock solid belief in their model and execution . But .....this relentless, seemingly endless selling to the point of barely a few buyers left is getting tiresome. Personally , I won't be selling one share but I do feel for those out there on this downhill ride who don't have the same confidence in this company.

Attachment 10389

I do.

PS:
    Just read your post in the TRA thread ... I didn't realise you mean the "dying dog" literally. Very sorry for your loss - I do know how it feels to lose a beloved pet ...
    Thanks BP. Tough day no question. I think I'm overdue for a stiff drink or two.