sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    I am picking the bottom around $1.50. They have over capacity hence the recent fare dump to get bums on seats. I believe another profit down grade is imminent.
    You might be right bum on seats..but i don't think it would be $1.50 otherwise it will be BBBA ...beagle busy buying again! But I think it will go sub $2 before it goes up again...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Fair value by my estimates is 2.10, could it shoot to the down side, well yes, say 20-30 cents max, need some really bad news to to get anywhere near $1.50
    Happy to buy all day at that price. A lot of bearish / negative sentiment on here lately. I think the average analyst call of $2.58 is about right.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sub $2.00 would be a fantastic price to buy in at. I can't imagine it getting that low but if it does I'd certainly be buying a few.

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    Sub $2.00 would be a fantastic price to buy in at. I can't imagine it getting that low but if it does I'd certainly be buying a few.
    October 2016, I was buying at $1.795, so not exactly unprecedented.

You are a smarter and wiser individual than I - back then I was pretty much just starting out in the market and didn't give AirNZ a second look. Hindsight being a wonderful thing I now see the error of my way....

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    October 2016, I was buying at $1.795, so not exactly unprecedented.
    Yeap I got some on board at just under $2...anything around that level or even slightly above is tremendous value.
    I have a good sized allocation already but the prospect of a bargain basement price again would be too tempting to resist.
    The problem with waiting until under $2 is it might not get there and one misses the great opportunity that already exists. The way I see it, (barring some major exogenous shock) the trading range is $2.00 - $3.60 so we're already in the lowest quartile of that range and the shares are already very good value in my opinion.
    $2.00 - $2.40 to me is the real BUY zone, if it temporarily goes under $2, its HAMMER TIME !!!
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-03-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    You are a smarter and wiser individual than I - back then I was pretty much just starting out in the market and didn't give AirNZ a second look. Hindsight being a wonderful thing I now see the error of my way....
    I wouldn't necessarily say that, I was chasing it down from $3.035 in April! Topped up at various points on the downhill slalom course.

Averaging down worked well for me that time - I sold half at $2.34 and the rest at $3.17 - but your mileage may vary.

Membaa

The chart says a bottom might be in, but with the DOW shedding 460 points on their Friday, one might expect a rethink on Monday our time. I can't see anything fundamental that says the rout is over for AIR, so best maybe to keep an eye on sentiment and play it as it unfolds. Patience. Easy to say, hard to do.

Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2019 at 07:43 AM.

As Air New Zealand’s profits slump to a five year low it would not surprise me to see the share price slumping to a five year low

Seems a rationale thought
    Last edited by winner69; 25-03-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”