sharetrader
Page 127 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 27771171231241251261271281291301311371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 14171

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12221518

Big (long overdue) slashes to pricing for FANPASS.

I contacted Chris Keall to let him know that it is possible already to stream FANPASS to the big screen (using Chromecast etc). This option is only disabled if you opt for the $15.99/month 'mobile only' option.

He emailed back acknowledgement of my email, but not sure if he will amend his article.

I thought they may have gone even sharper on the price if you took the 6 month contract option (like 30 bucks maybe). But then I remembered they have the special deal with Spark whereby their customers can get FANPASS for $30 a month of they sign up for 12 months. So I guess if they started offering it to everyone for $30 then the special Spark deal wouldn't be so special anymore? Just a thought.
    A step in the right direction! $39 is still relatively reasonable though. Put all the channels on it (specifically the V8 supercars pop-up) and I'll sign up.

Guru

Agreed. I think that is probably what Martin is planning.

For 40 bucks a month you should get the vast majority of their sport content (possibly with add-ons for a nominal fee for some of the specialty sports that may be quite expensive to acquire).

So far so good on the fan pass movement. I'm sure it helps keep operating costs down I'm sure they are quietly enjoying Spark having issues with their own video streaming platform having issues.

I'm finding that older generations are starting to embrace technology a little bit more now than they previously would. Perhaps gouging really does help people understand there are other ways.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12222415

Interesting write up in the Washington Post. We already see the fragmented options in NZ between Sky, Netflix and Lightbox. Now Sports is beginning to fragment with Spark making an entry.

As content production costs rise, and bidding wars push prices up further, the consumer ends up getting screwed. Plus, having to navigate across multiple platforms to try and find the content you want to watch is a poor user experience.

I think all the new streaming competition sounds good for the consumer in theory, but not so much in practice.

Generally agree mistatea, or is it just the older generation can't get around this interwebby thing :-).
    Have also mentioned before, to get everything you may want you need to be subscribed to multiple platforms and the costs soon start to add up, not that I am suggesting we go back to one TV channel , but one place/site that links to all these providers (and I don't mean the internet) , one site that brings all this together to get what you need - hang on sounds like Sky!, but needs to be online now at least, Would it work with someone like Sky as a "reseller" ?????
    While I have subscribed to Spark for the WRC & F1 in the main, now that Sky does not have these or some other sports the price has not dropped. As has been mentioned reducing some prices may stem the flow or even get some clients back, so the net outcome is zero or even an increase
    Martin seems to be making the right noises so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Generally agree mistatea, or is it just the older generation can't get around this interwebby thing :-).
    Some of us have our Elders Certificate in Googling and Interweb Mastery so have a very good handle on such matters.

What we cant deal with is umpteen channels of dross, loaded with adverts to sift through

Just curious why Morningstar has a buy recommendation on SKT with a chart that is all one way? I know buy low/sell high is an investment mantra but do these analysts know something?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Some of us have our Elders Certificate in Googling and Interweb Mastery so have a very good handle on such matters.

What we cant deal with is umpteen channels of dross, loaded with adverts to sift through
    Ha ha agree
    I hear some collegues at work going on about did you see this programme, that programme, seems as though it the best thing since sliced bread, apart from cost don't they do anything other than sit in front of the tv downloading all these series and most are not under 35 or so but their late 40's & 50's
    Last edited by Jay; 15-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmariner View Post
    but do these analysts know something?
    absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmariner View Post
    Just curious why Morningstar has a buy recommendation on SKT with a chart that is all one way? I know buy low/sell high is an investment mantra but do these analysts know something?
    They probably see a new CEO with both eyes open and access to a bit of capital.
    Pretty bold to predict a turn around when nothing has operationally changed yet though.