sharetrader
Page 513 of 840 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 8391

Just realised that $3.23 is 50% gain from its lows of not long ago

Always good buying at times when the weak capitulate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Todd Turner must be chafing at the bit wanting to announce the $32.5m NPBT for F19 and rave that’s a solid 5% increase over the prior year in spite of challenging market conditions. He’ll probably tell us that earnings growth has come about from all parts of the business performing well.
    I am expecting Todd's announcement to be the biggest yawn of the year. We know the result will be manipulated to hit the forecast target as a bulls eye. What we won't know is all the manipulations behind the scenes with property and goodwill revaluations, insurance capital adjustments and who knows what else. All that will be kept for when the full annual report is published. And the media will have lost interest by then. What we do know is that 'earnings' will emphasised and 'earnings per share' will be in the small print.

I really don't buy Turner's redeveloping their own properties and booking capital profits at a high price by renting those redeveloped properties out to themselves at above market rates. I like the idea of leaving the new landlord with nothing as Turners container offices are lifted out on the back of a truck at 'end of lease time'. But I doubt those landlords will be back for a second go after their land prices plunge when Turners eventually move out. I guess that will only be a problem for Todd's successor some years down the track. Yet, there is one thing that would make me change my mind about Todd building his profit out of container blocks.

I think Todd should contact Phil Twyford and re-energise their container building program into kiwi build houses. Phil's 100,000 kiwi-home build target would suddenly 'stack up'. A container house would be cheap and could be stacked sky high in prime city real estate. Get rid of the port from downtown Auckland and stack up the port land with container houses. They would be a magnet for downtown café workers to invest in their own home. Then when you retire with latté RSI, crane out your container to a quarter acre section in a back block town and grow your own dope. A house for life! These things are earthquake resistant so you could even stack them in Wellington or Christchurch. Stick them in the basin reserve with land lease payments going to the Wellington Council, and crane them out temporarily for the few days a year when the venue is needed for cricket. I see a bonanza for councils all around the country with this 'optimized sportsground strategy', and we shareholders! What about it Todd?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 17-05-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Snoops ..the container site at Wellington might exist a lot longer than they thought ....the council/government stuffed up transport plans again for the Basin.

They photoshopped Turners out of the artists impression of a non existent flyover
    Last edited by winner69; 17-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Just realised that $3.23 is 50% gain from its lows of not long ago

Always good buying at times when the weak capitulate
    Whistling in the dark? Actually - TRA is still in a long term downtrend channel (
    But I suppose it all will depend on how these financial results look like. I don't know the answer and I suppose you don't either. And as snoopy eludes to - it all can be fudged anyway until we see the annual report.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 17-05-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

On the doghouse

Snoops ..the container site at Wellington might exist a lot longer than they thought ....the council/government stuffed up transport plans again for the Basin.

They photoshopped Turners out of the artists impression of a non existent flyover.
    Nah, you have to look under the ground Winner. The Turner's site is still there, in the new 'Arras Annex'. Although they may have moved on to selling electric scooter by then?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whistling in the dark? Actually - TRA is still in a beautiful long term downtrend channel (Moosie published a beautiful chart on the other forum - I copied it beneath for you convenience) and just close to touching the upper boundary of that down channel. Was this a red candle yesterday? Ouch.

Attachment 10547

But I suppose it all will depend on how these financial results look like. I don't know the answer and I suppose you don't either. And as snoopy eludes to - it all can be fudged anyway until we see the annual report.
    Cool chart ....even though that Moosie is a often danger to himself

Good thing about that chart is that it confirms my 323 target

Chart gurus often say that when something breaks out of a channel the first target is the breakout point plus the depth of the channel it broke out of....there’s a more TA speak explanation but that’s how hoops explained it once.

The width / depth of the channel looks like it’s about 60 cents so when it breaks out of that channel at 263 it’s likely to go to 323 .....spooky eh.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whistling in the dark? Actually - TRA is still in a long term downtrend channel (Moosie published a beautiful chart on the other forum - check it out there) and just close to touching the upper boundary of that down channel. Was this a red candle yesterday? Ouch.

Depends where you anchor your channel markers

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Depends where you anchor your channel markers
    It always does. One correction, though - It depends on where the majority of the traders anchor their channel markers. TA only works because people are using it ;

I guess we will find out in due time what the correct answer for this particular case would have been ;

GLTAH;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Might buy heaps more to get price above 260 .....then it’ll take off ..just needs a bit of a shove.

Might buy heaps more to get price above 260 .....then it’ll take off ..just needs a bit of a shove.
    Good plan winner.