Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
I think there is a undisclosed threshold beyond which refunds are NOT paid automatically. I had it on a few occasions that I waited
and waited for my due refund. When I finally rang up the IRD I got put onto someone who went through my tax return over the
phone line by line with me until it was all ticked off. I got my refund a few days after that. So smaller refunds (< 2k maybe??) may
be automatic, but for bigger ones some extra verification might be required to get the money released.
N.B. nobody advised me that I had to do that, they just let me hang there until I picked up the phone!
Same thing happened to me last year, line by line over the phone then I had to figure out where the issue was as the call centre person declined to say. I decided in the end it was to do with net rents, being negative, sent in all the detail and refund was processed very quickly.

Under the new system it is a real pain doing IR3Rs (for rentals) as there is nowhere to put the address, either on the Rental Income page or the Depreciation page. I did a workaround by using one of the text fields but it does seem to be a weird oversight.