sharetrader
Page 431 of 465 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    It has been standard practice in IT for decades to lock records (as in a loan record) so that any orders against it are committed without any conflict from any other order.
    Couldn't help but laugh, I was reading your email while waiting for some acceptance tests to run where I've been 'mending' them to do exactly this!

I posted some time back, it's searchable; but IIRC Harmoney didn't write the system, they brought it from a chap and they skin it. If they don't have direct access to make changes/submit PRs, and this still holds true, they could be at the mercy of the development company on fixes and features.

The lack of loan availability for the retail investors has been mentioned a lot recently, and I'm beyond the point of holding out for things to change. Harmoney is effectively dead, unfortunately..

This plot (and table) shows how easily I found it to grow a portfolio when I first started, compared to the most recent 6 months.

Attachment 10578

data.jpg

The steepness / gradient of the plot shows how easy or difficult I found it to invest. The 147 days for the last 100 loans is a bit misleading, as I didn't invest in any loans in Feb 2019, however, the drop-off is plain to see.

Quote Originally Posted by alundracloud View Post
    The lack of loan availability for the retail investors has been mentioned a lot recently, and I'm beyond the point of holding out for things to change. Harmoney is effectively dead, unfortunately..

This plot (and table) shows how easily I found it to grow a portfolio when I first started, compared to the most recent 6 months.

Attachment 10578

data.jpg

The steepness / gradient of the plot shows how easy or difficult I found it to invest. The 147 days for the last 100 loans is a bit misleading, as I didn't invest in any loans in Feb 2019, however, the drop-off is plain to see.
    Harmoneys returns are becoming more attractive with lower interest rates, so there are more people wanting a peice of each loan now.

You just need to increase your notes per loan, if your'e doing 1, 2 notes per loan then there just isn't enough loan volume compared to demand to fill loans at a rate to deploy your capital like you have been used to, so increase the notes per loan

I am currently deploying $50k and I recon it will take just over a 2 months, i do 15 notes per loan which deploys nearly $10k a week.

To invest in that many loans I would need to widen my loan criteria, which I'm not prepared to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alundracloud View Post
    To invest in that many loans I would need to widen my loan criteria, which I'm not prepared to do.
    ?

Did I not make it clear it wasn't an issue of investing in more loans, but more notes per loan?

Same loan volume (possible lower loan volume) MORE NOTES PER LOAN.

Whoops! Good point

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    ?

Did I not make it clear it wasn't an issue of investing in more loans, but more notes per loan?

Same loan volume (possible lower loan volume) MORE NOTES PER LOAN.

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    Harmoneys returns are becoming more attractive with lower interest rates, so there are more people wanting a peice of each loan now.

You just need to increase your notes per loan, if your'e doing 1, 2 notes per loan then there just isn't enough loan volume compared to demand to fill loans at a rate to deploy your capital like you have been used to, so increase the notes per loan

I am currently deploying $50k and I recon it will take just over a 2 months, i do 15 notes per loan which deploys nearly $10k a week.
    I have also increased notes per loan to finally get cash down to about 3% and seem to be treading water with autolend and a few manual purchases. I was on the verge of removing cash. If i can get decent diversification at the new level I will up it again to try and get some growth.

The problem though is that the minute you increase exposure per loan you decrease diversification. Those of you having read my previous posts will know that I started out investing up to $1,000 per loan (for A). I refuse to alter my criteria to take more risk in a climate where, despite low interest rates forecast to remain for many more months/years, the headwinds facing our and global economies are growing. Consequently my Harmoney portfolio has dropped from $121k in January to $79k today. That isn't a function of other retailers taking more exposure, but that the quality of the offering has fallen.

yeah, nah

I've been able to stay 'afloat' with a little over $120K, investing mostly 8 notes ($200) per loan in the B3-E5 range, taking only loans that I consider 'good' (all manual). Cash available floats in the range of $0 - $2,500. Have to keep on top of it though. Still in excess of 1000 loans, so diversification is still good.
    Last edited by myles; 01-06-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Loans

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    I've been able to stay 'afloat' with a little over $120K, investing mostly 8 notes ($200) per loan in the B3-E5 range, taking only loans that I consider 'good' (all manual). Cash available floats in the range of $0 - $2,500. Have to keep on top of it though. Still in excess of 1000 loans, so diversification is still good.
    Pretty much scales to my current investment per loan but I don't go below D5.