sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    The problem though is that the minute you increase exposure per loan you decrease diversification. Those of you having read my previous posts will know that I started out investing up to $1,000 per loan (for A). I refuse to alter my criteria to take more risk in a climate where, despite low interest rates forecast to remain for many more months/years, the headwinds facing our and global economies are growing. Consequently my Harmoney portfolio has dropped from $121k in January to $79k today. That isn't a function of other retailers taking more exposure, but that the quality of the offering has fallen.
    I'm fine with it, I'm at about $60k now, another $40k in blocks of $400 is still 100 loans.
    And its the relative return to the risk free rate (ie maybe a bond fund at 4%), there maybe headwinds coming but I'm still getting 12%, this has to catastrophically drop to around 4% for me to lose out

I'm probably just going to "cycle" money in, then have it auto withdraw over time and take exposure back down to $50k from $100k, sending the weekly proceeds into index funds.

[QUOTE=alistar_mid; this has to catastrophically drop to around 4% for me to lose out.[/QUOTE]
    No argument on that score Alistair. Personally, I'm processing a complete review of all my investment strategies and haven't yet got comfortable with changing the criteria for Harmoney, not helped by the size of loans I am seeing on the dashboard.