sharetrader
Page 556 of 1894 FirstFirst ... 5645650654655255355455555655755855956056660665610561556 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 18939

Thread: Black Monday

A thought crossed my mind: Trump doesn't have his assets in a blind trust, which means he is in the works best position to perform tailored market manipulation. I read that he's done market manipulation before, which makes me wonder if he could notice and action the opportunity now?

I wonder this due to the super fast turn around with the Mexican tariffs. There's no way that Mexico could plan action quick enough to satisfy his requirements, so there's something disingenuous going on there... or maybe someone just convinced him that it was too damaging a game to play, especially while taking on China?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    A thought crossed my mind: Trump doesn't have his assets in a blind trust, which means he is in the works best position to perform tailored market manipulation. I read that he's done market manipulation before, which makes me wonder if he could notice and action the opportunity now?

I wonder this due to the super fast turn around with the Mexican tariffs. There's no way that Mexico could plan action quick enough to satisfy his requirements, so there's something disingenuous going on there... or maybe someone just convinced him that it was too damaging a game to play, especially while taking on China?
    futures are showing another big jump for US markets monday at this time thx to trump. be back to new highs no worries eh

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

by the way did anyone notice the amazing run beyond meat is having , reminds me of the cannabis stocks lol

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyond-...nce-ipo-debut/
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post

Mexico have put a whole heap of troops (thousands) on their southern border and have detained central Americans getting through. That is why Trump has said that a deal/no tarrif situation may be forthcoming.

Ah thx guys.

Advanced Member

Trump will be back for more something like build my wall or I’ll put a 20% tariff on ...,,

Must view for anyone worried about stock market crash I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSxPouPCIM

This is how quickly high debt can bring a crash..

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    futures are showing another big jump for US markets monday at this time thx to trump. be back to new highs no worries eh

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

by the way did anyone notice the amazing run beyond meat is having , reminds me of the cannabis stocks lol

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/beyond-...nce-ipo-debut/
    beyond meat on fire , the future of real meat is doomed lol

anyway real news

Trump: If President Xi does not attend G-20, more China tariffs will go into effect immediately

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/10/trum...mediately.html

trumps laid down the law
    Last edited by bull....; 11-06-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Market seems to have gone a little over the top lately. Everything seems to be going up. Time to sell up and wait it out a bit?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Lets not forget Obama started his presidency after the GFC had just decimated markets, Trump started his 9 years into a bull run.
    Bc, but caused by Clinton !

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Market seems to have gone a little over the top lately. Everything seems to be going up. Time to sell up and wait it out a bit?
    In my experience, hardly a month passes by without someone thinking or posting like you.

Best you only invest in companies you have faith in (in the long term) and remember it is all about "time in the market, not timing the market."

It is also about individual companies, not the index. There are always companies outperforming the index. The skill is to find these.

FWIW an ANZ economist interviewed on the radio today, expects the NZ economy to perform better in the second half of this year, and well into 2020 and added to that at some stage the world will wake up to what a great wee economy we have (and some great companies competing on the International stage) all protected by some marvellous Free Trade agreements and pretty immune from Trump's trade wars.

JMHO - DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.