sharetrader

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well she can because she is being moral and kind. And that is actually more important than truth these days.
    Yes Agree,
    that,s why she,s forgiven the War Criminal Blair, which she worked for and welcomed as her Hero & Comrade when he visited NZ IN 2011

Guru

Well, NZ First may have let the oil and gas exploration ban go through...but I guess we can at least be grateful they blocked the CGT. Not to block this one would have definitely been the final nail in the coffin for that party.

If our shares are ever worth anything in the future we can at least keep all of our gain 😂🤪

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/oio-deci...ment-community

Another company and industry negatively affected by a Minister putting ideologies ahead of logical reasoning. This will send shivers through the investment community indeed.

But don't worry, our "trustworthy' Ministers have given NZOG assurances that our existing permits are all good. So whoever we are trying to convince to invest has nothing to worry about, it's not like our current Ministers would ever abruptly change direction based on scant evidence or anything...

Many of you will know that NZOG has a 50% holding (near enough) in CUE which has a 21.5% share in the Ironbark prospect in Northern WA.
    That's currently the biggest gas prospect in the world, with 15 trillion cubic feet of gas (if it's there) near an LNG plant.
    NZOG also have a 15% direct interest in Ironbark. They expect to drill in about 15 months, around September 2020. BP is the operator.

My reason for posting is that the CUE sp has been rising recently, just in case anyone hasn't noticed. I notice because I have CUE shares too.

Last Thursday, 13th, CUE started at A7.0c, finishing at 7.4c
    Next day, Friday, it finished at 8.0c
    Next trading day, today, Monday, it finished at 9.0c
    A 28.6% increase in three days' trading.

It would seem someone wants in to CUE, but as the shares are fairly tightly held, that's pushing the sp up.

Matthew Boyall, CUE's CEO has said a successful drill next year will be “company-changing” and I am sure it would be, but also for NZO, who effectively have a 25.75% share in Ironbark.
    There is considerable overlap in board and management of the two companies, and their futures are intertwined and largely dependant on Ironbark, in the medium term, at least, IMO.

I'm excited by the prospects for both companies, especially as LNG and natural gas can be a bridge to a lower carbon world economy, replacing coal on the way to renewables.

Advanced Member

Thankyou Mr Lion for the informative post.
    It is a long time to cross my fingers, but as I am a holder of NZO....and have been from the start, it actually seems pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Many of you will know that NZOG has a 50% holding (near enough) in CUE which has a 21.5% share in the Ironbark prospect in Northern WA.
    That's currently the biggest gas prospect in the world, with 15 trillion cubic feet of gas (if it's there) near an LNG plant.
    NZOG also have a 15% direct interest in Ironbark. They expect to drill in about 15 months, around September 2020. BP is the operator.

My reason for posting is that the CUE sp has been rising recently, just in case anyone hasn't noticed. I notice because I have CUE shares too.

Last Thursday, 13th, CUE started at A7.0c, finishing at 7.4c
    A 28.6% increase in three days' trading.

It would seem someone wants in to CUE, but as the shares are fairly tightly held, that's pushing the sp up.

Matthew Boyall, CUE's CEO has said a successful drill next year will be “company-changing” and I am sure it would be, but also for NZO, who effectively have a 25.75% share in Ironbark.
    There is considerable overlap in board and management of the two companies, and their futures are intertwined and largely dependant on Ironbark, in the medium term, at least, IMO.

I'm excited by the prospects for both companies, especially as LNG and natural gas can be a bridge to a lower carbon world economy, replacing coal on the way to renewables.

[QUOTE=Lion;763206]Many of you will know that NZOG has a 50% holding (near enough) in CUE which has a 21.5% share in the Ironbark prospect in Northern WA.
    A 28.6% increase in three days' trading.ETC;

Yes Interesting and promising development Lyon.
    One would be forgiven to assume the NZO S/P to rise in tandem with Cue,s by at lest 8 -10 cents.

Lets just hope that how-ever high the Cue s/p ends up, NZO management will not only then wake up to buy out the rest of Cue ????
    A handsome wind fall for the entities that hold those supposed tightly held hordes of cue Shares???

Guru

Interesting stuff. Beach shareprice hasn't really moved, but then has a $4b market capitalisation. Cue on the other hand is only $63m market cap, so has the potential to be huge for them. Know it's not a CUE thread, but from a NZO perspective, CUE made $4.6m profit in 1HY, after tax.

Guru

[QUOTE=fabs;763251]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    One would be forgiven to assume the NZO S/P to rise in tandem with Cue,s by at lest 8 -10 cents.
    Yeah, the pricing of NZ shares has been a mystery to me for some time.

Lookit, the current market cap of NZOG is aprox $82M.
    The market cap of CUE is approx $63M. NZOG's share would then be $31.5M or thereabouts.

So that means that, right now, the market effectively values NZOG (in and of itself) at $50M.

For a company with double that in cash in the bank, and a potentially enormous gas prospect in Aussie it is truly astounding.

Either I truly am terrible at investing (and should stick to index funds) or a bunch of people buying now are going to make a huge amount of money on this stock over the next few years.

Guru

[QUOTE=mistaTea;763302]
    Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post

Yeah, the pricing of NZ shares has been a mystery to me for some time.

Lookit, the current market cap of NZOG is aprox $82M.
    The market cap of CUE is approx $63M. NZOG's share would then be $31.5M or thereabouts.

So that means that, right now, the market effectively values NZOG (in and of itself) at $50M.

For a company with double that in cash in the bank, and a potentially enormous gas prospect in Aussie it is truly astounding.

Either I truly am terrible at investing (and should stick to index funds) or a bunch of people buying now are going to make a huge amount of money on this stock over the next few years.
    I am not 100% sure but I think NZO's accounts are consolidated, so that "cash in the bank" is also all of CUE's cash included. So you need to take out CUE's cash holding to adjust for the cash that NZO has. In the 2018 annual report Cue had $18m of cash. Need to keep that in mind.