sharetrader

Hybrid View

I suppose competition and options are good even if not a game changer.
    More regular smaller trades might breathe some life into some stocks - alternately, smaller holders might be a lot more jumpy and add to the panic sellling and over cooked buying, which will please the circling bigger fish.

I don’t think this will be the case. For me, and a few others I know who are using Sharesies, we are looking at building a long term investment with a focus on building a small portfolio, watching and monitoring, but with no intention of selling - at least not for the foreseeable future. The auto-invest option is also a positive. Those of us who can only drip feed in small amounts of money at regular intervals, can take advantage of some dollar cost averaging and resist any urge to try to time/beat the market.

Time will tell, but right now Sharesies is working for me and has got me back into the market,after many years of falsely believing I didn’t have enough money to start investing again. I am kicking myself for that ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    ... alternately, smaller holders might be a lot more jumpy and add to the panic sellling and over cooked buying, which will please the circling bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Time will tell, but right now Sharesies is working for me and has got me back into the market,after many years of falsely believing I didn’t have enough money to start investing again. I am kicking myself for that ignorance.
    Having only relatively recently started investing myself after being burnt by a con artist some years earlier I hear what you are saying.