sharetrader
Page 263 of 697 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6963
    Guru

Andrew Little is a great example of the problems Labour had in pulling together a Cabinet from such a shallow talent pool.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Andrew Little is a great example of the problems Labour had in pulling together a Cabinet from such a shallow talent pool.

Andrew Little is yet another great example of the problems Labour had in pulling together a Cabinet from such a shallow talent pool.

Dilettante

I think this is one of the best decisions this Government has made. I hope it works out well https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12263774

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think this is one of the best decisions this Government has made. I hope it works out well https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12263774
    It is likely to improve the situation and make it fairer. Question is however - why don't we do this for sufferers of of other diseases as well? The problem are the district health boards which all need to reinvent the wheel for any issue and which are mainly governed by an incompetent bunch of volunteers (some armed with lots of faith and goodwill and many with a hidden agenda) without any effective control (thanks to the ridiculous election system).

NZ does not need twenty independent district health boards which all need to put their limited resources into duplicating governance and management tasks instead of directing them towards the patients needs. We do need one properly resourced and competent authority responsible to the government.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So Labour can count on your vote in 2020 Iceman? They are trying hard in many areas.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    So Labour can count on your vote in 2020 Iceman? They are trying hard in many areas.
    I'm desperately keeping an eye out for policies from them that I like. Happy to have found one that I can happily give a tick :-) Agree they are desperately "trying", but little so far to support them in their "year of delivery"

Guru

What is happening at Ihumatao? How come it has disappeared from media coverage? Have I missed something?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    What is happening at Ihumatao? How come it has disappeared from media coverage? Have I missed something?
    Yes interesting. Surely the Government did not give the very rich Tainui an interest free loan to settle it !!

Legend

I like the new label 'reset' for nonsense policies that don't work - or were never going to. Very inventive. Labour must have found themselves a new PR company for that one. Anyway, Megan Woods still doesn't have her head around housing supply, but nevertheless is one hell of an improvement over the hapless Twyford.

It’s times like this I really miss minimoke

He would not have let some of you guys do a Jacinda and pretend nothing untoward has gone on with Labour people in the Beehive

Whole affair beggars belief.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-09-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”