sharetrader
Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JAYAY View Post
    The annual report 30/6/19 shows 108 shareholders with less than 1000 shares and yet in recent weeks we have seen heaps of tiny little trades going through (Stocknessmonster).What is that all about?
    sharesies.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    sharesies.com
    Ah ha. Now I get it.

Long Member

Edged above 15c today. been some good churn in the high 14c. not sure if this the buyback in full force or what their disclosure arrangements are in terms of the buyback (ASX seemingly report daily). Good to see all the same

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    Edged above 15c today. been some good churn in the high 14c. not sure if this the buyback in full force or what their disclosure arrangements are in terms of the buyback (ASX seemingly report daily). Good to see all the same
    It is not the buyback. If it were they would have to disclose this to the NZX. To date nothing has come through so so far not a share been brought back. Good to see renewed interest from investors both existing and new. Not good to see is all the dividends (sans imputation) that NWF are paying. That is really disappointing and questions will be asked at the AGM.

It is not the buyback. If it were they would have to disclose this to the NZX. To date nothing has come through so so far not a share been brought back. Good to see renewed interest from investors both existing and new. Not good to see is all the dividends (sans imputation) that NWF are paying. That is really disappointing and questions will be asked at the AGM.
    I guess it is a balancing act. Some shareholders would like a cash return, others prefer to pay down debt or a buyback. A dividend as well as a buyback seems to be a happy medium. Hard to quantify the benefits but I am inclined to think that paying a dividend has had a positive effect in the share price.

I guess it is a balancing act. Some shareholders would like a cash return, others prefer to pay down debt or a buyback. A dividend as well as a buyback seems to be a happy medium. Hard to quantify the benefits but I am inclined to think that paying a dividend has had a positive effect in the share price.
    Honestly I'm not so sure about that - The share price is up only 3% after a very positive announcement which included more dividends. I can't help feel the market hasn't seen this as positively as the board may have hoped.

Speaking of the board, I see in the voting documents they want to double the board renumeration. Is this to increase board numbers or is it a big pay rise for the existing board? The numbers don't quite add up if they're going to remain only 4 board members, and intend on lower quartile renumeration.

Here's the voting info for those interested.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...587/307241.pdf

Advanced Member

The sp rise could be due to many factors-I would like it to be due to an expectation of higher profits.
    For instance when i look at trh they are currently generating with 90 turbines in action earning around $4000 per hour at the going rate-this is hedged so may be receiving less.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarrgghh View Post
    Speaking of the board, I see in the voting documents they want to double the board renumeration. Is this to increase board numbers or is it a big pay rise for the existing board? The numbers don't quite add up if they're going to remain only 4 board members, and intend on lower quartile renumeration.
    Yes - that's a lot of inflation! Needs explanation. Won't get my yes vote as it stands.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    Yes - that's a lot of inflation! Needs explanation. Won't get my yes vote as it stands.
    If you take a look and read the explanatory statements it actually explains it. I may not agree with the scale and may vote against but an increase does make some sense.

Advanced Member

If you take a look and read the explanatory statements it actually explains it. I may not agree with the scale and may vote against but an increase does make some sense.
    will be abstaining as I do not know if they are earning it.
    Last increased in 2007 and they will not be increasing again for many years.
    They sound as if the have asked for the ability to increase the directors fees rather than a 100% increase.
    Directors have more duties and responsibilities-including risk of legal action(NZO directors take note)

BTW just looked at current generation-currently still earning over$3000 per hour.I like the new direction.