sharetrader

Thread: Harmoney

Hybrid View

I dislike my decisions proving poor, so I have a strict set of criteria for lending through Harmoney, with decreasing exposure on decreasing total loan size as the risk grade rises. Since harmony started lending its "own" money I have seen many fewer loans which meet my criteria and notice that I am not seeing many of the loans which are being included in the daily statistics - most of the 36 month and smaller size loans don't appear in my searches. Having experienced 5 decades of lending and 4 major market corrections, I will not chase returns by taking greater risk - which I am seeing other people doing now that Trump is upsetting the world markets and reserve banks are destroying passive returns. Generally, the time to chase is in the year after a bottom and not at market peak.
    Last edited by BJ1; 19-09-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    I have seen many fewer loans which meet my criteria and notice that I am not seeing many of the loans which are being included in the daily statistics - most of the 36 month and smaller size loans don't appear in my searches. Having experienced 5 decades of lending and 4 major market corrections, I will not chase returns by taking greater risk - which I am seeing other people doing ...
    Ditto BJ1. Due to both diminishing loan quantity and quality available to retail investors now, I for one, have continued my withdrawals. Just under half my peak investment has been cashed out now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    Ditto BJ1. Due to both diminishing loan quantity and quality available to retail investors now, I for one, have continued my withdrawals. Just under half my peak investment has been cashed out now.
    There seems to be a conflict between the P2P aspect and the traditional finance company aspect. Shouldn't Harmoney be either the one or the other? It seems the temptation is for Harmoney to favour its big corporate lenders?