sharetrader
Page 160 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    We might get a bit of a steer on these sorts of angles when the SSNs are posted resulting from last weeks large turnover volumes.
    Yes, I think there should be some announcements this week.

Damn near 30 million shares were traded last week (about 7% of total shares outstanding).

Guru

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...012/310240.pdf

Great news.

Now if they can hang on to the NRL, they will be in a very strong position.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes, I think there should be some announcements this week.

Damn near 30 million shares were traded last week (about 7% of total shares outstanding).
    Yes I too wonder how has been bailing and who has entered. Good news this morning about the netball. (Not a sport I watch but my mom etc does)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yes I too wonder how has been bailing and who has entered. Good news this morning about the netball. (Not a sport I watch but my mom etc does)
    Tbh, I would have expected some announcements to be made by now. I would have expected one large institution to have mopped up a large chunk of the 30 million shares.

Guru

I have asked the NZX surveillance team to take a look at this (massive trading volumes in a short period of time, yet still no disclosures).

I can't imagine the 30 million shares traded in a week were mostly done by smaller retail shareholders (thereby not warranting any disclosures).

But let's see what the NZX come back with.

Quote Originally Posted by mistatea View Post
    i have asked the nzx surveillance team to take a look at this (massive trading volumes in a short period of time, yet still no disclosures).

I can't imagine the 30 million shares traded in a week were mostly done by smaller retail shareholders (thereby not warranting any disclosures).

But let's see what the nzx come back with.
    good on you for enquiring. If i had to guess id say the acc will be in the mix .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I have asked the NZX surveillance team to take a look at this (massive trading volumes in a short period of time, yet still no disclosures).

But let's see what the NZX come back with.
    Possibly you'll find that this seemingly large volume is illusionary. Market structure and associated algorithmic trading enables appropriately resourced market participants to be both buying and selling stock while say accumulating a position. You can see it on various SSH notices whereby an entitiy may have bought 9m shares but concurrently has sold 8m for a net gain of 1m. The net gain of 1m may not be enough to trigger a disclosure, while it appears there has been significant volume.

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Possibly you'll find that this seemingly large volume is illusionary. Market structure and associated algorithmic trading enables appropriately resourced market participants to be both buying and selling stock while say accumulating a position. You can see it on various SSH notices whereby an entitiy may have bought 9m shares but concurrently has sold 8m for a net gain of 1m. The net gain of 1m may not be enough to trigger a disclosure, while it appears there has been significant volume.
    Churn is a real consideration, esp in volatile times.
    Last edited by winner69; 23-10-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think the timing when disclosures have to be made go along the lines of as soon as one knows or ought reasonably to know.

So maybe there aren’t any new SSH and none have ceased to be SSH and no current SSH has gone +/-1%

But then tomorrow another day

Still no SSH

So all those zillions of shares just churned by the instos

No ‘corporate’ activity?