sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Hybrid View

Suppose one has to keep the faith in Serko after the announcements this morning

New cornerstone shareholding in Bookings, Director and management sell down ......big end of town gets first dibs at cheap share while small retail investors get the crumbs and dilution.
    Last edited by winner69; 24-10-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Suppose one has to keep the faith in Serko after the announcements this morning

New cornerstone shareholding in Bookings, Director and management sell down ......big end of town gets first dibs at cheap share while small retail investors get the crumbs and heavy dilution.
    And profit turned into a loss... will be interesting to see how the share price holds up

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    And profit turned into a loss... will be interesting to see how the share price holds up
    Punters will love these moves .....share price $5 plus by Xmas
    Last edited by winner69; 24-10-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I could never understand how this was $4 (even reaching over $5.50)... always thought it was pretty cooked at those valuations... and even now at $2.90 it is now back to 'reasonable', however there is now this virus thing, so really should be sub $2... $270m company with over 10x market cap to revenue ratio, NTA of just 11 cents and (perhaps most importantly) a short and/or patchy record when it comes to growth... so not really sure where the 'value' was to support a $500m+ market cap a short time ago, but I can certainly understand why it was 30 cents about 3 years ago.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-03-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted and edited.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 12:47 PM.

I could never understand how this was $4 (even reaching over $5.50)... always thought it was pretty cooked at those valuations... and even now at $2.90 it is now back to 'reasonable', however there is now this virus thing, so really should be sub $2... $270m company with over 10x market cap to revenue ratio, NTA of just 11 cents and (perhaps most importantly) a short and/or patchy record when it comes to growth... so not really sure where the 'value' was to support a $500m+ market cap a short time ago, but I can certainly understand why it was 30 cents about 3 years ago.
    And surprisingly it's is one of our ST's top 5 picks!

Ouch..

https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    And surprisingly it's is one of our ST's top 5 picks!

Ouch..

https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks
    So?

Cool as chilled champagne with caviar on a lovely warm autumn's evening overlooking the harbour.

One word - Diligent

None other than the high profile Milford & (supposedly highly respected) Brian Gaynor got that one horribly wrong.

Why? Probably because they were reading some of the alarmist postings* on ST from certain posters when the sp dropped by 50% and then, proceeded to put on 200% after that.

* Word is that they were themselves actively bad mouthing the stock.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So?

* Word is that they were themselves actively bad mouthing the stock.
    So that they fill their boots at lower levels.

Loving these price level, will get a bigger fill for long term (5yr+) once things settle down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    So that they fill their boots at lower levels.

Loving these price level, will get a bigger fill for long term (5yr+) once things settle down a bit.
    Yup - they sold out, proceeded to bad mouth the stock in the media at every opportunity, spooked the hell out of the nervous who bailed out all the way down to $2.56 from $6.00+ - and then, as we all know, DIL was taken over at over $7.00.

I believe a complaint was made to the FMA or NZX that Milford was attempting to buy back the shares they sold out at the lower prices? There were definitely rumors in the market to that effect.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Guru

Just 3 days after this was posted, sub $2 is now certainly insight... low - mid $1's would make SKO somewhat attractive I would think.