sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Why Chinese's Goods and Dairy are Untrusted and Cheapest??

They skipped the regulations and qualities checks, these steps cost the Western, Australia and New Zealand a huge cost to add on the price.
    They bear the cost of living and greedy of their personals by corrupted the persons in charge of Checking Regulations to make money.
    The materials are skipped, the steels are mixed with others cheapers minerals and getting thinners in standards, the foods are unregulated, the water and soils are poisoned and they grow veges and sells.
    These bears a huge cost to the standard of Dairy for the Western to add on the cost. Funny enough the products come out do look the same, do feel the same, and consumers may feel better due to strongly Advertisings, saving cost and support the Communist Party but they fail and hide on promises of qualities.
    The higher educated Chinese young generations won't let that happens to their children and lives, they have money, the research show : Chinese middle income and billionaisr are increasing at a level never before.
    They understand and have knowledges to use the Western dairy's Aus and NZ, Usa...
    Look at Cosco stores open in Chinese and how they were rushing to buy the Usa goods.I am sure there are also Chinese's locals stores next doors are selling those goods for just $1,2,3 dollars...

P/S:Please correct me if I am wrong on the basis of the thinking.
    tomm, I returned from a business trip to China (primary produce focus) and after observing how things are changing over there, I think the world, but especially NZ which is ultra-dependent on China trade, are making a very grave mistake if they think that the mistrust of China food and products is going to last forever.

For sure, the Chinese population are still gripped by the many appalling scandals associated with food integrity (or lack there of).

And one does not have to go far, just the local fruit shop, to see how perfect each fruit produced in China is - free from any blemish - to know that there's still abundant use of all kinds of chemicals (insecticide, fungicide). And so I steer clear of consuming any local China fruit - likewise, the Chinese who can afford to.

But the government there is definitely cracking down on food safety violations - starting with the imposition of very strict standards, the ramp up of supervision, the imposition of very severe penalties and requirement to account at a local level for any violations. The many businessmen who I talked to are all very aware of and operate to conform to the strict regime.

As all will be aware, violations there are treated as criminal acts and the criminals are subject to very harsh penalties - including the death penalty.

In time, say 3 to 5 years, when food safety issues are no longer at the forefront of basic consideration in China, the competitive edge enjoyed by foreign goods and food could become a thing of the past.

Make hay while the sun shines and ATM under Jayne is definitely doing the right thing to build on and maintain its leading market position - sacrifice short term margins for long term market entrenchment.

Short term, ATM sp is sure to be volatile and unlikely, imo, to go gangbuster again until ATM demonstrates it is growing profits via higher revenues at lower margins. That could be 2 years away. Xero is a good case in point.

PS. The Chinese flock to every new store opening to grab the opening specials and in the case of Costco, because things are cheaper there than in other equivalent stores. Watch when they open in Auckland - it will be the same. Go to Melbourne and observe the same as in China.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-11-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    tomm, I returned from a business trip to China (primary produce focus) and after observing how things are changing over there, I think the world, but especially NZ which is ultra-dependent on China trade, are making a very grave mistake if they think that the mistrust of China food and products is going to last forever.

For sure, the Chinese population are still gripped by the many appalling scandals associated with food integrity (or lack there of).

And one does not have to go far, just the local fruit shop, to see how perfect each fruit produced in China is - free from any blemish - to know that there's still abundant use of all kinds of chemicals (insecticide, fungicide). And so I steer clear of consuming any local China fruit - likewise, the Chinese who can afford to.

But the government there is definitely cracking down on food safety violations - starting with the imposition of very strict standards, the ramp up of supervision, the imposition of very severe penalties and requirement to account at a local level for any violations. The many businessmen who I talked to are all very aware of and operate to conform to the strict regime.

As all will be aware, violations there are treated as criminal acts and the criminals are subject to very harsh penalties - including the death penalty.

In time, say 3 to 5 years, when food safety issues are no longer at the forefront of basic consideration in China, the competitive edge enjoyed by foreign goods and food could become a thing of the past.

Make hay while the sun shines and ATM under Jayne is definitely doing the right thing to build on and maintain its leading market position - sacrifice short term margins for long term market entrenchment.

Short term, ATM sp is sure to be volatile and unlikely, imo, to go gangbuster again until ATM demonstrates it is growing profits via higher revenues at lower margins. That could be 2 years away. Xero is a good case in point.

PS. The Chinese flock to every new store opening to grab the opening specials and in the case of Costco, because things are cheaper there than in other equivalent stores. Watch when they open in Auckland - it will be the same. Go to Melbourne and observe the same as in China.
    Your point of view is great, as we and other countries do import their machinery for manufacturings. They are intelligent to do so and copy, there was a time that the Western actually let them do it because the cost would be too high and can't afford to manufacturing machines themselves. But then come a time that Chinese took over the Western in manufacturing high goods. Then come the time the Western introduce Digital advance high intelligent.
    Still, the Chinese are intelligent enought to skip the quality, for example a concrete post suppose to have such a mount of steel to stand for 100 years and stand for disaster at lever 8, they says : well... we don't need that much steel as long as it can last 100 years and about the disaster , it won't come why bother and if it does come ,then who knows what make the bridge collapsed... and when the time comes they are already retired. ( got away with ,millions millions of dollars)
    About the dairy foods, believe me the food you see there with high price for the elite.. the apple look shining and clean and a beautiful red colour and very fresh. You have no ideas how the apple can keep looking like that for so long..
    I do have families and friends whom doing this business which made me swear to myself that I will never buy any foods from China. ( although the export ones do have higher quality). The News and televisions are suppressed to those news. and no one do anything about it.
    P/S although foods products come out is with the way it is intended but it is totally changed in quality once in consumers hands.
    Last edited by tomm; 09-11-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Banned

Chinese mums want the best sitting on their table when their relatives and friends come to visit, it's all about prestige and giving their little darlings the best plus the show off factor to boot, they dont want a second grade product or a product with a history of contamination linked to it sitting on their table.

Outside thinking.

This link to a post on the HC forum by Wicked Sushi sums up A2's position in China v well.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Chinese mums want the best sitting on their table when their relatives and friends come to visit, it's all about prestige and giving their little darlings the best plus the show off factor to boot, they dont want a second grade product or a product with a history of contamination linked to it sitting on their table.
    Shouldn’t they breastfeed then? They would still look good showing off at the table

Guru

Not just food safety violations why ASF keeps spreading?
    https://www.dw.com/en/swine-fever-sc...die/a-51062018

Junlebao is not some mickey mouse China company - it is rapidly becoming the main domestic supplier of trusted IF in China.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20190...2260baf24.html

Excerpt : "Last year, Junlebao sold more than 52 million cans of infant formula, which weighed 46,000 metric tons and were supplied to more than 2 million babies.

"The target for this year is to reach 75 million cans and to rank first by sales volume in the country," Wei said.

The market share of domestic formula in China increased to more than 60 percent in 2018, compared with less than 40 percent before Junlebao rolled out its formula products, according to statistics provided by the company."
    Last edited by Balance; 09-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Junlebao is not some mickey mouse China company - it is rapidly becoming the main domestic supplier of trusted IF in China.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20190...2260baf24.html

Excerpt : "Last year, Junlebao sold more than 52 million cans of infant formula, which weighed 46,000 metric tons and were supplied to more than 2 million babies.

"The target for this year is to reach 75 million cans and to rank first by sales volume in the country," Wei said.

The market share of domestic formula in China increased to more than 60 percent in 2018, compared with less than 40 percent before Junlebao rolled out its formula products, according to statistics provided by the company."
    I think these are for the A1A2 BRANDS like KeryCare and those with A1 case protein NOT A2 MILK .

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Shouldn’t they breastfeed then? They would still look good showing off at the table
    Asian moms these days are not like what our moms used to be lol

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I think these are for the A1A2 BRANDS like KeryCare and those with A1 case protein NOT A2 MILK .
    I think you have missed the point completely, tomm.

The point being that some of you are too quick to dismiss and downplay China domestic IF players out of contention (because of the food integrity issues).

They are already getting their act together, gaining market acceptance and market share - with the full support and resources of the China government at central and state levels.

And they will definitely, imo, impact upon the A2 milk market in the years to come because they are now entering that premium market.

I believe ATM (under Jayne) is doing the right thing in recognizing the domestic competitive threat - hence the increased marketing and promotion spend.

Seriously, some of you need to research how the domestic China players are doing instead of myopically hoping that China players will never regain the confidence of China consumers.

I guess I should have sold all my ATM shares when they came out with the first profit downgrade in the full year's results but it has been such a wonderful story, it's hard to be objective at times.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.