sharetrader
Page 291 of 697 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    It's not about being PC. Its about trying to be a decent human being and not body shaming people. You think it's ok for you to do it but would you feel the same if someone did it to your wife, your daughter or granddaughter?

You are not a nice person. There, I said it.
    https://liberation.typepad.com/liber...-cartoons.html

So every cartoonists in NZ have been body-shaming her by highlighting her toothy grin?

PC gone mad!

Tell that to someone you love when they don’t want to go to school because they get bullied every day for being fat, or skinny, or wearing glasses, or for having imperfect teeth. Not just girls either. You just don’t get it.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PC gone mad!

Tell that to someone you love when they don’t want to go to school because they get bullied every day for being fat, or skinny, or wearing glasses, or for having imperfect teeth. Not just girls either. You just don’t get it.

Have a nice day.
    Which part of Jacinda being a politician, as devious and conniving as they come, do you not get?

Comparing any politician to school children, kids, loved ones - you are stooping very very low to try and justify your defence of a grubby politician.

Guru

Have a nice day.
    Even if you were bullied for being whatever (as I was at school) I believe the correct attitude is to harden up, punch the bully back, and get on with life. Snowflakes abounding everywhere. That is life, there will always be nasty people around. We need to teach our kids how to cope with these nasties and fight back rather than try to insulate them.

IMO

As per the norm , completely unbalanced, colour wasted on you everything is back and white nothing in between. Give me Jacinda any second of the day over the extreme false trump tactic repetitive lying of Simon and his sad sack prosecuting bottom scraping false negative sentiment prosecuting tactics, any moment of the day. Half the nation prob on antidepressants because they've been naive enough to believe simon dooms trump tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    As per the norm , completely unbalanced, colour wasted on you everything is back and white nothing in between. Give me Jacinda any second of the day over the extreme false trump tactic repetitive lying of Simon and his sad sack prosecuting bottom scraping false negative sentiment prosecuting tactics, any moment of the day. Half the nation prob on antidepressants because they've been naive enough to believe simon dooms trump tactics.
    Simon is not in power - the grubby one is, and showing her true colours with all the broken promises and incompetence in dealing with economic, racial, religious and gender issues - GRUBBY.

Great in theory but unless you want your bullied kid/grandkid suspended or expelled from preschool/school, it is impractical advice. The bullied kid who retaliates with violence will end up in trouble, and chances are the bully will get away with it.

Regardless, bullying anyone about their physical appearance (most of which is beyond their control) is wrong and adults should never accept, encourage, or validate it. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Even if you were bullied for being whatever (as I was at school) I believe the correct attitude is to harden up, punch the bully back, and get on with life. Snowflakes abounding everywhere. That is life, there will always be nasty people around. We need to teach our kids how to cope with these nasties and fight back rather than try to insulate them.

IMO

Grubby grubby grubby grubby grubby, get a little dirt on yer hands boy, wash that moth out with soap
    GRUBBY

I’m not justifying anything. I don’t give a **** what you think of Jacinda as a politician. You are free to think what you like.

I am telling you that bullying someone for their physical appearance is unacceptable, no matter who they are.

I despise Trump more than any human being on earth and express it often, in all manner of places, using all kinds of colourful language. But I won’t drag his physical appearance into it because even for someone as despicable as him, that is “hitting below the belt” and people with integrity and some semblance of personal moral compass, know where the line is.

You could get your anti-Jacinda message across perfectly well without crossing that line - if you chose to. But you won’t - because you enjoy winding me up. I can take it. I’m a big girl (with integrity) but I will only take it until I’m bored. Then I’ll go find something better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Comparing any politician to school children, kids, loved ones - you are stooping very very low to try and justify your defence of a grubby politician.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 19-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Pots and kettles?
    So much negativity JT. Don't panic...Cindy's in charge...Oh I see the problem. Where are those antidepressants?