sharetrader
Page 295 of 697 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 6963
    Dilettante

Unusually Helen Clark was not decisive when the issue about the Spencer Trust came up but she eventually fired Peters. Some say this hesitation from her and the resulting tainting of the whole of Government, contributed significantly to her losing the following election. I suspect this may be the final nail in the coffin for Jacinda. She is the PM and needs to make decisions. Her Deputy PM is once again under serious allegations of misappropriation of funds. This is becoming a habit of his. Nobody needs to tell me that Winston did not know exactly he was entitled to in pension payments but continued to accept overpayments until the media found out. Says it all really.

I wonder who he will take to court for the latest leak, or rather truth coming out.

Power is intoxicating, Iceman - those who are without principles will do and tolerate anything and anybody to keep it.

Sleeping with a stinking skunk is pleasurable to them.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-11-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Unusually Helen Clark was not decisive when the issue about the Spencer Trust came up but she eventually fired Peters. Some say this hesitation from her and the resulting tainting of the whole of Government, contributed significantly to her losing the following election. I suspect this may be the final nail in the coffin for Jacinda. She is the PM and needs to make decisions. Her Deputy PM is once again under serious allegations of misappropriation of funds. This is becoming a habit of his. Nobody needs to tell me that Winston did not know exactly he was entitled to in pension payments but continued to accept overpayments until the media found out. Says it all really.

I wonder who he will take to court for the latest leak, or rather truth coming out.
    Some serious leaks from the unhappy at NZF!

Oh dear - drip drip drip - Winnie & the grubby one obviously have no idea that Stuff has heaps more information to tie NZF to the Foundation.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...rst-foundation

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ampaign-engine

"But Stuff reveals that Tauranga-based list MP Clayton Mitchell acted as one of the bagmen for the foundation – which appears to have operated as a political slush fund – financing NZ First's party operations."

"The revelation that Mitchell was one of the bagmen for the NZ First Foundation could derail Peters' assertion that the party and foundation, which received more than $500,000 worth of donations, are not connected."

The more denials, the deeper the hole!
    Last edited by Balance; 21-11-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Guru

It looks like Wellington has to join Washington, Westminster - and Buckingham Palace - in draining the SWAMP.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-11-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Dilettante

With the revelations coming out from Stuff and no doubt much more to come, it is hard to see how Winnie and NZF will come back from this. Obviously lots of annoyed people internally and now many donors will be really pissed off. Hopefully we are seeing the end of Winnie and his crony Shane Jones as a political force in NZ

"I look after the political wing of the NZ First party, that's an administrative matter," Peters said in Parliament on Tuesday.

"I'm in charge of the political body of NZ First. As for the administrative body....".
    Peters might need to use the slush fund to buy some more buses in preparation for all the people hes going to throw under them.

Legend

With the revelations coming out from Stuff and no doubt much more to come, it is hard to see how Winnie and NZF will come back from this. Obviously lots of annoyed people internally and now many donors will be really pissed off. Hopefully we are seeing the end of Winnie and his crony Shane Jones as a political force in NZ
    Winnie has proven himself a master weasel by wriggling out of similar situations over the years. Maybe he's overdone it this time, but I wouldn't bet on it. I went to one of his campaign meetings once, he spoke nonsense; certainly nothing constructive. I couldn't believe how he had all the old ducks eating out of his hand.

Advanced Member

Jeeze Iceman....we need to get the Port decision through first !

IMO

And the end of national as we know it, Thank Dog.An opportunity for them to bring back some ethics and a moral compass even. Cmon serious fraud office have some balls will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Jeeze Iceman....we need to get the Port decision through first !
    Have no fear - that's in the bag imo.

The grubby one basically kowtow to everything that Winnie wants - she is good like that.