sharetrader
Page 134 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Been talk of Z losing market share so had a look at their quarterly data reports

Yes share is going down....and quite markedly

It’s probably even worse than it looks because in the last 2 or 3 quarters Gull volumes have not been included in Industry Volumes.

Means Z share on an apples for apples basis (allowing for Gull) is lower than reported. It does not appear they have (notionally) adjusted for the change in reporting. Might be wrong but that seems the case.

Image is how I see it

How low can Z share go?
    Was $4.15 5 years ago. Fuel volumes now stagnant for some time and we may have passed peak fuel already with newer ICE engines being considerably more fuel efficient and strong growth in hybrid sales and ongoing growth in EV sales. Even Jet fuel no longer growing, margins under pressure and loss of market share...could it go back to test that $4.15 or even test support at $4? I think there's a pretty good chance of that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-11-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

The Fearful are coming out so time to take a few shares off their weak hands. PS-Must be all Beagles and winners downramping that's scaring them.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-11-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Fearful are coming out so time to take a few shares off their weak hands. PS-Must be all Beagles and winners downramping that's scaring them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyroIv7Q5B0 Be careful mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Market share as reported by Z is about 2% points which doesn’t sound much.

Often good idea what does this represent in say litres

I reckon (allowing for the change in reporting industry volumes) Z’s lost share is the equivalent of 300 million litres ...that’s 300 million litres competitors have ‘stolen’/taken from Z

Z say their profit is about 4 cents / litre profit so 300 million litres is about $12m of profit gone.

Industry litres are just over 9,000 million litres so hope I have not stuffed up billions and millions but I think I’m right
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I use a Caltex card which is Z in other clothing - they now let me fill up at Z too.
    I see NPD are opening a new station at Springs Junction.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Don’t blame me Couts ...I said the share price was on fire and heading back over 5 bucks and then you mentioned 485 and it was downhill from then a
    Last edited by winner69; 26-11-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Going well today ....share price over 5 bucks by end of day I hope.

I note there has been a fair bit of scaremongering and downramping, in respect of ZEL's future prospects as a listed company.
    With regard to the imminent report, it would be the pinnacle of double standards, to intervene in and industry where
    the greatest percentage of the price is govt. excise tax.
    Regardless of the fact that in some areas of the country competition is negligible, it cannot be overstated the difficulty retailers
    have price gouging, ( Jacinda's words) when the largest component of the price is tax.
    I note that the Govt. has no intention of regulating the dairy market, where there is essentially one player, who forces consumers to
    pay through the nose for milk, cheese, and yogurt every time you go to the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Going well today ....share price over 5 bucks by end of day I hope.
    Caltex in Australia getting taken over has sparked a bit of interest in this sector.

IMO

They are doing defensive IPO of their prop assets to ward off a takeover like VEA have (i hold)
    Caltex Announces Plans For Property IPO