sharetrader

Threaded View

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Ah so I am not the only one on here that got the message! The first one was received on 23rd May 2019 and a message has appeared on every market day since.

I was always told never unsubscribe from a mailing list that you never subscribed to in the first place. By doing so it will confirm your address as 'live' and it will be on sold to other spammers.

I can see the word 'unsubscribe' in my e-mail but there is no link attached. Can anyone post the 'unsubscribe' link?

SNOOPY
    An unsubscribe link shouldn't work for anyone other than the receiver of the original email, the link should have a unique identifier in it (otherwise how would it know that it's your email that is unsubscribing .

But, it's a good strategy not unsubscribing from email you didn't subscribe to in the first place! Just can't be too wary on the internet.

Poor form imho that our emails have been used for purposes not intended.

I get the emails as well, bloody annoying low content or value so I have a email rule that permanently deletes them on arrival, so just don't get them in my inbox anymore. Like a lot of other ****e investing stuff that somehow seems to have found my email and spams me.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 02-12-2019 at 07:46 PM.