sharetrader
Page 299 of 697 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Jeez - is this how fake news is made up?

I haven't seen any evidence that this is Greens or governments policy. And really - looking at the idea - it seems to be nothing different than a panel of random people developing some policy which may or may not be adopted by people who are properly elected and authorized to make this decision. I don't know whether this is s a good idea, but it sounds to me quite less serious than e.g. the idea that a panel of twelve un-elected random people is to decide about someone else's freedom and in some countries about her/his life.

They call this panel a "jury" and they do this in many countries (including New Zealand) for ages. While I don't think it is a particular good way to achieve justice - I would not call it 'Marxist'. Do you?

I really think you should worry more about the populist liars (Trump, Johnson, Putin, Erdogan & Co) who actually are dismantling freedom and democracy in their respective countries as we speak instead of building up a "Marxist" strawman.
    "Fake News"?

No where did I say it was government or Greens policy. I did say the Greens were promoting the idea at a seminar.

No where did I talk about 12 member juries. A jury has nothing to do with what the Greens are exploring in 100+ member Citizens assemblies who will be unelected policy developers.

Fake News and Strawmen? Your whole post reeks of it.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Part of our government is developing and pushing for this. They will use the Green/Climate Change narrative to usher it in the back door. The Climate Change ideaology is a perfect fit and smokescreen to push for Marxist reforms. That is not to say that the average person concerned with Climate Change is Marxist. However the hysteria being developed will and is, in my view, being used to push Marxist agendas.
    Total fakery and fear mongering ; conspiracies around every corridor? And you dont believe in climate change either?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Total fakery and fear mongering ; conspiracies around every corridor? And you dont believe in climate change either?
    That's plainly ridiculous. I doubt there is anyone over the age of 5 in the whole world that thinks climate is static or fixed, i.e. it doesn't change.

Guru

Are you calling me a liar JT?

Guru

One of Labour's bedfellows is openly exploring the process of Citizen's Assemblies. It is a Marxist idea and incredibly dangerous to our democracy.
    Which part of the above is fakery? Which part is fear mongering? You are continually telling people to open their minds, yet I consider you to be among the more bigoted people on this thread.

IMO

Totally closed , imprisioned . Someone free this being ,pop the bubble!

Guru

About par for the course for you JT. No real response, just more of the same foolishness. Perhaps you might like to actually address the questions asked in my previous post?

Are you high?

IMO

Are you a flying kiwi?

How about just not posting any more until you can manage to string words together into a coherent sentence.

Honestly, you do my head in sometimes.

Are you a flying kiwi?