sharetrader
Page 301 of 697 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Am I the only one getting tired of this "exchange of views"? It seems to have strayed a long way from the title of the thread.

I thought it relevant given the Greens are part of this government. Maybe Citizens Assemblies will be on their wish list when they next have Cindy over a barrel?

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Really now BP.

An unelected bunch of people developing policy for the rest of us. Doesn't sound Marxist to you? What need would we have for an elected parliament? You know that thing where we get to scutinise their policies and experience before we vote for them.

A Marxist government runs absolutely on this system. They just go under a different name. As said earlier...The People's Party of ....(insert state).

<snip>
    "An unelected bunch of people developing policy for the rest of us"?

That sounds uncannily like

* any number of special-interest lobbying organisations,

* the focus groups which political parties pay for to determine the electability or otherwise of their policies,

* the standard local and central government consultation process, like any number of government departments providing advice to ministers,

* all the other, less formal, methods of providing feedback on government policies - petitions, demonstrations, and the like

You might also like to consider the Ostbelgien model.
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 04-12-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    "An unelected bunch of people developing policy for the rest of us"?

That sounds uncannily like

* any number of special-interest lobbying organisations,

* the focus groups which political parties pay for to determine the electability or otherwise of their policies,

* the standard local and central government consultation process, like any number of government departments providing advice to ministers,

* all the other, less formal, methods of providing feedback on government policies - petitions, demonstrations, and the like

You might also like to consider the Ostbelgien model.
    IMHO the only thing in your list it slightly resembles is the "Special Interest Lobby Groups". I would certainly like greater transparency on what they get up to, along with the exMPs and Ministers acting as consultants that still have access to the corridors at the Beehive.

As for the Ostbelgien model, without knowing too much about it, it would appear they are dealing with an incredibly complex history and mix of cultures.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

<snip>

As for the Ostbelgien model, without knowing too much about it, it would appear they are dealing with an incredibly complex history and mix of cultures.
    And, with that "incredibly complex history and mix of cultures", they're being very pragmatic in searching for stuff that works for them.

Those governments which display unwillingness or inability to change eventually reap the whirlwind - as history so amply demonstrates.

Dilettante

Labour today denied a request of the former President of NZFirst Lester Gray and Treasurer Colin Forster to be heard at Justice Select Committee. Mr Gray resigned in October saying “This type of operation does not align with my moral and business values”.

NZ First was the only party to not declare any donations at Election 2017. Its anonymous donations were $342,000 more than ten times any other party. On top of this is $500,000 of secret donations to its foundation. NZ has a right to know who were major funders of the party that determined outcome of Election 2017.

And PM proclaims this is the most open and transparent Government ever !
    Last edited by iceman; 05-12-2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    And, with that "incredibly complex history and mix of cultures", they're being very pragmatic in searching for stuff that works for them.

Those governments which display unwillingness or inability to change eventually reap the whirlwind - as history so amply demonstrates.
    I inititially thought MMP was a good idea. But minority parties choosing the government isn't a great result in my view. We certainly reaped a whirlwind.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Labour today denied a request of the former President of NZFirst Lester Gray and Treasurer Colin Forster to be heard at Justice Select Committee. Mr Gray resigned in October saying “This type of operation does not align with my moral and business values”.

NZ First was the only party to not declare any donations at Election 2017. Its anonymous donations were $342,000 more than ten times any other party. On top of this is $500,000 of secret donations to its foundation. NZ has a right to know who were major funders of the party that determined outcome of Election 2017.

And PM proclaims this is the most open and transparent Government ever !
    More cynicism from Cindy. Cynical Cindy has a ring to it I think. Or maybe the Cynster. Aunty Helen was known as the Minister of Everything. Cindy could be the Cynister of Everything.

Anyway certainly squalid behaviour from Labour.

More cynicism from Cindy. Cynical Cindy has a ring to it I think. Or maybe the Cynster. Aunty Helen was known as the Minister of Everything. Cindy could be the Cynister of Everything.

Anyway certainly squalid behaviour from Labour.
    And here's Cindy quiet as usual when it comes to bad news and uncomfortable truth :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...jason-kerrison

"Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has not yet responded to a request for comment."

Spindoctors paid by taxpayers are busy behind the scenes putting lipsticks on this pig of a story.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And here's Cindy quiet as usual when it comes to bad news and uncomfortable truth :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...jason-kerrison

"Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has not yet responded to a request for comment."

Spindoctors paid by taxpayers are busy behind the scenes putting lipsticks on this pig of a story.
    Faafoi always seemed to me to be one of the best of this riff-raff bunch. Even if he's a bit naughty here he's at least more competent than most of them. But how on earth did newshub get hold of the texts to publicise this story?

Dilettante

Agree with that FP. Faafoi seems to be a competent Minister. I hope this doesn't undo him. We sure don't need less competent Minister in this Government