sharetrader
Page 302 of 697 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Faafoi always seemed to me to be one of the best of this riff-raff bunch. Even if he's a bit naughty here he's at least more competent than most of them. But how on earth did newshub get hold of the texts to publicise this story?
    Until he took on part of Housing his portfolios were not challenging. And his housing announcements were for initiatives already well under way.

People keep saying he is competent, but not hard to be competent in easy portfolios.

Although, maybe people mean competent in comparison, and that would be fair comment.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Until he took on part of Housing his portfolios were not challenging. And his housing announcements were for initiatives already well under way.

People keep saying he is competent, but not hard to be competent in easy portfolios.

Although, maybe people mean competent in comparison, and that would be fair comment.
    Yes, competent in comparison , is exactly what I meant by 'one of the best of this riff-raff bunch'.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Faafoi always seemed to me to be one of the best of this riff-raff bunch. Even if he's a bit naughty here he's at least more competent than most of them. But how on earth did newshub get hold of the texts to publicise this story?
    All he seems to have done is to contact his friends local National MP?
    Was it his "friend " who released the texts?
    The National attack dogs scrapping over another meaning less bone.

westerly

Faafoi has no delicadeza (sense of propriety) or even an honour not to resign. And it's very hard to understand what Ardern's leadership really is.
    Last edited by RGR367; 06-12-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: defining delicadeza in parentheses

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    All he seems to have done is to contact his friends local National MP?
    Was it his "friend " who released the texts?
    The National attack dogs scrapping over another meaning less bone.

westerly
    Yes. It was his friend, Kerrison, who released the tapes.
    I didn't realise he was a National attack dog, whatever that is. But then, I don't even know what a meaning less bone is. I doubt that anyone other than yourself does.

Jacinda does not look well in today's press conference - she looks pale, rattled and obviously stressed.

Yet, she fronted the White Island eruption when really, it should be the Minister of Civil Defense and Emergency Management, Peeni Henare.

What can be read into it?

A cabinet of incompetents.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Jacinda does not look well in today's press conference - she looks pale, rattled and obviously stressed.

Yet, she fronted the White Island eruption when really, it should be the Minister of Civil Defense and Emergency Management, Peeni Henare.

A 'pale and stressed' Jacinda would be far more competent to handle a press conference than Henare, even at his best. No doubt we'll get a demo of his 'competence' in the next day or so.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Morning sickness? #2 on the way? Poor thing, like she's not got enough to worry about than a bunch of tourists visiting a live volcano .. I mean, what could possibly go wrong!

I feel for the tourists, they'e been duped and now predictably the volcano does it's thing as it does frequently and people are hurt. Who to blame, surely not the tourists. ****ing idiot gouging tour operators need their heads read putting punters in the face of certain though unpredictable doom. Walk on a live volcano, yeah right .. great idea.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Morning sickness? #2 on the way? Poor thing, like she's not got enough to worry about than a bunch of tourists visiting a live volcano .. I mean, what could possibly go wrong!

I feel for the tourists, they'e been duped and now predictably the volcano does it's thing as it does frequently and people are hurt. Who to blame, surely not the tourists. ****ing idiot gouging tour operators need their heads read putting punters in the face of certain though unpredictable doom. Walk on a live volcano, yeah right .. great idea.
    It certainly is a great idea. Having visited the island several times over the years, it's a rare opportunity to see a living or active volcano. The risk factor is minimal. Way back there was a bunch of miners who worked and lived there, who were wiped out. I think there were ten and were camped in the most vulnerable spot. Sulphur mining stopped in the early 1900s. To the best of my knowledge there has been no loss of life since despite boat loads of visitors inspecting the place daily (in excess of 20,000 per year). In addition there are several helicopter trips every week that land in the crater for a real view.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/118...ism-attraction
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-12-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

https://www.whiteisland.co.nz

No warning from what I can see about the risk of sudden eruption.