I suppose I did sound a bit like a (school) ma’am

Yes, I’m investing $40 a week via Sharesies currently, which is small bikkies for most people, but I’m feeling pretty good about what I’ve achieved so far in terms of building my little portfolio. At just under 19% returns for 2019 (calendar year) my money is working a heck of a lot better for me than it was sitting in the bank. I am an investor - not a trader, so happy to be patient and see how it all unfolds. Doing heaps of reading, listening to podcasts, learning from others in various forums and so on. I guess for me, the analysis and interpretation of annual reports/financial reports, is where I struggle. Some companies are better than others at putting those things together in a way that novices can understand. It’s a learning curve. I thought there might have been some online courses available, but so far, I haven’t been able to find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
Sorry ma'am, won't do it again.

Apart from moving to Canada where things are so much easier then at the end of the day you are going to have to invest time into learning and analysing companies from the perspective of your investment or trading style, putting some real money* where you conclusions say good value is and then see how it works out for you.

Some you will win and some you will lose, both ways you will learn by actually doing it and having money in the market.

You see how it goes and adapt with experience.

*If I remember correctly you can buy small $$ of shares with low brokerage