sharetrader
Page 210 of 273 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2726

pity they can't use recycled glass

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Many of the big shareholders all trying to get out through the small exit door.

Watching for some big crossings and then, may consider a double up.

He who dares, wins sometimes!
    Well 8.25% of the company changed hands today and I'd say Schroders is out entirely...question is who bought the large blocks that represent almost 8% of the stock....

And the sp firmed a little, so I feel its an upside. Surely they have got their **** together by now, for the Australian ops to become profitable.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 14-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Well 8.25% of the company changed hands today and I'd say Schroders is out entirely...question is who bought the large blocks that represent almost 8% of the stock....
    Could it be the start of a takeover,Fletchers have plenty of cash in the warchest

It makes sense that its liable to takeover. Fits in with any construction industry participant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/348531

Entities associated with Sir Peter Masfen.

Article fron the NZ Herald:

Businessman and philanthropist a long-term investor who buys when things are tough

• Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to business and philanthropy.

One of New Zealand's most shrewd businessmen, Peter Masfen, reckons a trick is to always have reserves up your sleeve and invest when no one else wants to.

"I think my best investments have been at counter-cyclical times ... that's the benefit of always having capacity to pick up those opportunities," says Masfen, who today has been appointed a companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to business and philanthropy.

"I'm a long-term investor, I don't trade things. I invest for the long term and I think it's fair to say that the best investments very often are made when things are tough and probably when no one else wants them, those tend to have the ability to show the best return if you stick with them long enough and are able to apply good business direction and principles to them," he says.

The former top-level rower, who represented New Zealand at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964 and the world championships in 1966, still has an active role in his family's business interests, which are estimated to be worth more than $400 million.

The family's Masfen Securities appears on many listed company registers and takes big stakes in NZX-listed businesses.

Their property investments include the 12,000ha Mt Linton Station in Southland as well as many commercial buildings spread throughout Auckland including in Newmarket, Parnell and Mission Bay.

The 74-year-old is perhaps best known for building up Montana Wines, which became New Zealand's largest wine producer, exporter and vineyard owner during his three decades on its board.

It also became a takeover target and in 2001 was bought by Allied Domecq, now part of French giant Pernod Ricard. The buyout was contested and Masfen says achieving an equal price for shareholders during it was one of the highlights of his career. The former Montana chairman wasn't interested in wine before he got involved with the business and says he isn't a "wine connoisseur".

Disc: Bought back in today @ 25c

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/348531

Entities associated with Sir Peter Masfen.

Article fron the NZ Herald:

Businessman and philanthropist a long-term investor who buys when things are tough

• Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to business and philanthropy.

One of New Zealand's most shrewd businessmen, Peter Masfen, reckons a trick is to always have reserves up your sleeve and invest when no one else wants to.

"I think my best investments have been at counter-cyclical times ... that's the benefit of always having capacity to pick up those opportunities," says Masfen, who today has been appointed a companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to business and philanthropy.

"I'm a long-term investor, I don't trade things. I invest for the long term and I think it's fair to say that the best investments very often are made when things are tough and probably when no one else wants them, those tend to have the ability to show the best return if you stick with them long enough and are able to apply good business direction and principles to them," he says.

The former top-level rower, who represented New Zealand at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964 and the world championships in 1966, still has an active role in his family's business interests, which are estimated to be worth more than $400 million.

The family's Masfen Securities appears on many listed company registers and takes big stakes in NZX-listed businesses.

Their property investments include the 12,000ha Mt Linton Station in Southland as well as many commercial buildings spread throughout Auckland including in Newmarket, Parnell and Mission Bay.

The 74-year-old is perhaps best known for building up Montana Wines, which became New Zealand's largest wine producer, exporter and vineyard owner during his three decades on its board.

It also became a takeover target and in 2001 was bought by Allied Domecq, now part of French giant Pernod Ricard. The buyout was contested and Masfen says achieving an equal price for shareholders during it was one of the highlights of his career. The former Montana chairman wasn't interested in wine before he got involved with the business and says he isn't a "wine connoisseur".

thanks for posting

hope the billionaire can bring us some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post

MPG is my worst loss. Learnt heaps from this loss having previously ignored the ongoing advise from more experienced members here, "never buy a stock in a down trend".

I don't see any reversal of the current downtrend in the chart below. All the best & after all the downtrend has to reverse at some point.

MPG.NZ_YahooFinanceChart.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    hope the billionaire can bring us some luck.
    Not a billionaire, but struggles on $400 million

Adding to his holding of 8.8million, Have a feeling obtained with float.
    Montana spun out of Corporate Investments, which booked the largest corporate loss at that time,around $800 million early 1990's, Shares tanked to around .22c. So a few parallels with MPG