sharetrader

Threaded View

OK. Got it. As far as you're concerned I am wasting my time even trying to improve my financial situation by investing. I disagree with you 100%.

I do NOT own a house or any other property. I have next to no assets, as you would know if you had properly read my many other posts. I am trying to improve my situation as much as I am able. At 59, I don't have too many options. I don't have any sugar daddies hammering on my caravan door. What bugs me about you and your comments, is your apparent inability to understand MY situation ( and probably other people's too). I am so far removed from everyone else here in terms of pretty much everything - job/income, financial situation, possession of "stuff" and investment. But I am still an investor. Doing the best I can under the circumstances. So sorry, but don't you dare tell me I am wasting my time because I don't have enough money! I have falsely believed that for over 30 years. If I had understood what I do now, I would have started investing back then and would now be in a significantly better position.

You need to encourage people, not make them feel like idiots and failures. People like me are the ones who most need to get into investing and as far as I'm concerned, better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Second, if you're not reading between the lines, investing should not start with a small sum. Ask any financial advisor and they will agree that you need a decent amount to make it work because of inefficiencies like mgt & administration fees.

The investments you're making HAS to beat inflation, but in your case, dealing in a small amount, you've kinda not even reached the gate before the races can start.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 16-02-2020 at 03:29 PM.