sharetrader
Page 388 of 899 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488888 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 8982

i concur cheaper prices coming in store and on the stock exchange.
    one step ahead of the herd

Gerry Harvey dont sell clothes but he worried about other things holsing sales back than the virus

Always pragmatic is Gerry --- don't worry right now - "Where [the coronavirus] ends up, who knows? It might fizzle out or it might become the next bubonic plague."

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...27-p5450f.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

looking forward to rinse and repeat again $3 - $6 is the long term range
    one step ahead of the herd

Yeah this is ugly alright. Down from $6.48 at the start of December to $4.80, a drop of a whopping $1.68 = 26% decline in just 3 months.
    Makes you wonder where the share price could go if the whole country has to go into a Chinese style lockdown for a few months doesn't it.

No worries though because now Couta1 is a top ten shareholder and sitting at the top table I think he going to hit up management for a private showing with highly attractive models of the latest skimpy fashions and I get to go along as his seeing eye guide dog...that's way better than a dividend
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah this is ugly alright. Down from $6.48 at the start of December to $4.80, a drop of a whopping $1.68 = 26% decline in just 3 months.
    Makes you wonder where the share price could go if the whole country has to go into a Chinese style lockdown for a few months doesn't it.

No worries though because now Couta1 is a top ten shareholder and sitting at the top table I think he going to hit up management for a private showing with highly attractive models of the latest skimpy fashions and I get to go along as his seeing eye guide dog...that's way better than a dividend
    Lol do I really need to comment on this thread anymore now I'm swimming with the big fish, probably too much conflict of interest. PS-Not buying many more now as I want to be able to pull my average price down if things really turn to custard which has increased from $3.60 to $4.15 with all the buying of late.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    .... I want to be able to pull my average price down if things really turn to custard which has increased from $3.60 to $4.15 with all the buying of late.
    You are buying custard?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    You are buying custard?
    Perhaps I should have said if things really turn pear shaped.PS-Im not buying pears but am quite fond of pears with custard.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Perhaps I should have said if things really turn pear shaped.PS-Im not buying pears but am quite fond of pears with custard.
    haha, much better sentence construction

HGL SP could collapse back to LOW-$3 now that NZ has its second Covid-19 case with queues at supermarkets this morning with panicked public stocking up on food. People will not be interested in buying clothes that's the first to go from spending and probably fear backlash against Chinese made goods thinking that the clothing may contain virus.

There is nothing outstandingly special about HGL stock and similar to any other budget clothing outlet. People should realize clothing industry is very fickle and hard to maintain constant momentum unless you are opening stores but once opened difficult to hold sales. NZ dollar in the dumps, Aus may go into recession will not help already stretched books but suppose div could be reduced or stopped.

Low liquidity stocks easier to push up/down as tide turns............

DYOR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    HGL SP could collapse back to LOW-$3 now that NZ has its second Covid-19 case with queues at supermarkets this morning with panicked public stocking up on food. People will not be interested in buying clothes that's the first to go from spending and probably fear backlash against Chinese made goods thinking that the clothing may contain virus.

There is nothing outstandingly special about HGL stock and similar to any other budget clothing outlet. People should realize clothing industry is very fickle and hard to maintain constant momentum unless you are opening stores but once opened difficult to hold sales. NZ dollar in the dumps, Aus may go into recession will not help already stretched books but suppose div could be reduced or stopped.

Low liquidity stocks easier to push up/down as tide turns............

DYOR
    Nice downramping/scaremongering post with lots of mights/maybes/could be's. Nothing outstandingly special yet it has been around 147yrs and has out survived all comers. DYOR, well obviously I have as I'm sure all of the other big holders have done, sure the price could go down due to as you say low liquidity yet it is and would be driven down in the main by rats and mice sellers. PS-When I get the next shareholder list I will put up how much selling is coming from the top 100 holders as opposed to buying.PPS-From 7/2-21/2 there was an increase of 55418 shares over sells in the top 100 holders.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-02-2020 at 12:35 PM.