sharetrader

Hybrid View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Using the telephone was a means to save time. The lady at State had no problems receiving the AIG report I sent - and I don't believe it would of mattered visiting in person at the local office. The hold up was getting a line connection with IAG to look at the report and give a response if she can proceed with the quote or not.
    The lady at State was more of a fool than you realise. AIG is a US based insurance company which has no relation to IAG, which is Australian. So an AIG report would have been useless. I don't think AIG does any house insurance business in NZ. If you had brought in a physical print out of the IAG report then the need to 'connect' to get one disappears.

If you go to Riccarton, then the State Insurance Office and AMI are side by side and AA Insurance is over the road. I reckon I could transit between the help desk of those three branches faster than you could ring all three and get some service out of them!

I remember back after the Chch quakes, AMI went into financial difficulty. Now being under AIG, it seems it makes little difference who you choose for insurance if they're all AIG. So it's looking to be AMI.
    AA insurance is a front for Vero which is separate from IAG. So there is still one 'boots on the ground' alternative.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 06-03-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The lady at State was more of a fool than you realise. AIG is a US based insurance company which has no relation to IAG, which is Australian. So an AIG report would have been useless. I don't think AIG does any house insurance business in NZ. If you had brought in a physical print out of the IAG report then the need to 'connect' to get one disappears.

If you go to Riccarton, then the State Insurance Office and AMI are side by side and AA Insurance is over the road. I reckon I could transit between the help desk of those three branches faster than you could ring all three and get some service out of them!

AA insurance is a front for Vero which is separate from IAG. So there is still one 'boots on the ground' alternative.

SNOOPY
    AIG is a typo and should be IAG. I do frequently visit Riccarton but only learned later the 3 insurers are close together.

I will say finding any recourse with NZ Insurance Ombudsman was a complete waste of time. There's so many of these 'independent organisations' that have no real binding authority ; they consume a lot of tax payer funded $$$ just so they can maintain a job, yet having no real impact in shaping up the behavior of insurers around NZ. Kinda like i've seen with Jacinda where the Labour Party wanted to bring in CGT in their election platform... only for CGT to be compromised by doing a coalition win. I mean why do an independent inquiry 'tax working group' knowing that your joining party NZ 1st is not going to approve of any CGT proposal? Just makes me sick what NZ is becoming.