sharetrader
Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Prime bullion nz

due to market volatility we are unable to trade until further notice. Next update will be tuesday 17th march.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

its going to $US 10 mate.... Maybe hold some ammo for then. or at least wait till $12
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its going to $US 10 mate.... Maybe hold some ammo for then. or at least wait till $12
    No way I'd rather be weeks-months early than late as its going to spike much higher

I'm moving least 20% of my ASX portfolio to SILVER ETF + adding to the family bullion holding

Yes the paper price may well drop further but just see if you can actually even buy Silver bullion anywhere close to low spot prices ..load up if you can ... all countries will try to reflate the bubble .. we now have .25% OCR rate (they say only for next 12m ...should be on tui ad board, yeah right)

what many don't seem to understand even if CORVID19 hadn't come along we were heading towards GFC2.0 ... this black swan has just brought it into reality NOW watch the contagion spread and collapse many Tourism O&G exporting companies farming housing etc etc

SILVER like GOLD has nil counter party risk ... no ones going hike you rates , tax you for holding ,
    Last edited by JBmurc; 16-03-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

ouch nearly 13 already, (it was 15 when I said that)

but over $NZ40 for a single oz on Trade Me. so that is nearly double the price to get the real stuff cf the paper stuff.
    Last edited by peat; 16-03-2020 at 11:22 PM.

ouch nearly 13 already, (it was 15 when I said that)

but over $NZ40 for a single oz on Trade Me. so that is nearly double the price to get the real stuff cf the paper stuff.
    Yep trademe the closes we have to a free market in Bullion ... I see the NZD spot price is now $21.49oz but the best i can find from a major dealer is $23.90 but they are NZ made cast bars from https://gogold.co.nz/InvestSilver.php

Final dump before the spike higher

Advanced Member

Why is Silver tanking so much? Is it because of likely reduced industrial demand, down another 11% as I type

Advanced Member

Patient number Six sharing communion wine. What is wrong with these religious types? They a damn menace. I know, lets travel from the US go straight to church in NZ and share wine around.

Countries closing down restaurants etc, it the churches that need their doors bolted
    Last edited by ratkin; 17-03-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why is Silver tanking so much? Is it because of likely reduced industrial demand, down another 11% as I type
    SELL everything futures market GOLD was also smashed ... but I see the GOLD majors NEM + Barrick Gold both up 7% ??? I know JP Morgan was buying up shares in S32 recently... I'd say many if the major investment banks are looking ahead and seeing this playing out much like the GFC where QE drove the PM's much higher once the FEAR of loss was overcome ...and the understanding most banks would not be allowed to fail as bail outs in the billions ..

silver gets treated as an industrial metal and isnt really seriously considered a safe haven any more is the reason why I see it as being smacked. There may also be liquidity demands being placed on it when other markets freeze up.

its like buying a shotgun , imo, one hopes one doesnt need to use it as currency (but still worth having a goodly number of coins lying around as a safeguard imo)

Guru

silver gets treated as an industrial metal and isnt really seriously considered a safe haven any more is the reason why I see it as being smacked. There may also be liquidity demands being placed on it when other markets freeze up.

its like buying a shotgun , imo, one hopes one doesnt need to use it as currency (but still worth having a goodly number of coins lying around as a safeguard imo)
    The Greeks in the 1940's used British gold sovereigns as de facto currency. During the most recent financial crisis I think Greeks again bought British sovereigns in volume.