sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202003...3kmnwjlr54.pdf Down 44% in one day. Hope this type of announcement is not issued for any retail stocks in due course on the NZX but I think it could be a useful insight / lead indicator into what might be coming for the likes of BGR, KMD, HLG, and WHS
    I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.
    Yes and no...you know how the young ones have a need to look "all shiny".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine