sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yes their business class is below average I'm sorry to say....might be a while before you can try it for yourself Beagle
    Have tried it once and was most underwhelmed. They had a display of the Dreamliner seats at Te Papa many years ago, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of AIR. I sat in the new "business class" seat there and was really shocked with how cramped it was. No way this fat dog could sleep in that half open sardine can.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    I'm really amazed the share price is holding up. Due to the approach our govt is taking there could be next to no flying for ANZ until there is a vaccine for Covid 19. We might stop it here, but the rest of the world is not taking that approach. That means our borders remain closed.
    So, why is the share price almost a buck when there is no sign of any light at the end of the tunnel. Not even
    a glimmer.
    I estimate they have less than 10% of their business left by mileage flown but still have the vast majority of their fixed overheads. At present the market does not appear to understand how quickly they are burning cash, (my estimate $300m a month) and is taking a very benign view of the duration of this virus and expecting a V shaped recovery in travel demand. I foresee how things are going to pan out, very differently.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A $1.05bn loan secured by Qantas to help the airline see through the coronavirus crisis has sent its share price soaring, closing up 26 per cent at $3.27.Provided by 10 local and offshore lenders including Australia’s big four banks, the loan was made against seven near new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for which Qantas paid cash.
    At a time when money could be hard to come by, Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said there was no shortage of lenders willing to assist.
    “It shows you how people view Qantas. Because of the tough decisions we’ve made over the last decade, people are seeing us as the top airline out there that they want to lend to,” Mr Joyce said.
    “They see us an airline that’s in a great strategic position They see us as one of the survivors.”
    To be paid back over 10 years at an interest rate of 2.75 per cent, the loan will lift the cash balance for the Qantas Group to $2.95bn, with an additional $1bn undrawn facility available.
    In comparison, a $900m loan secured by Air New Zealand from the New Zealand government was to be paid back in 24 months at an interest rate of 8 per cent.

From The Australian today. Qantas funding interest rate much lower than AIR’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have tried it once and was most underwhelmed. They had a display of the Dreamliner seats at Te Papa many years ago, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of AIR. I sat in the new "business class" seat there and was really shocked with how cramped it was. No way this fat dog could sleep in that half open sardine can.
    It's embarrassing compared to some competitor offerings. Cant beat Qatar Qsuite if going to Europe.

Can someone confirm UBS recent $0.40c TP for AIR.............

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Just a minor correction.

Air NZ has from the govt.

$600m at 7%
    $300m at 9%

Still QANTAS has a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    It's embarrassing compared to some competitor offerings. Cant beat Qatar Qsuite if going to Europe.

Yes the Dreamliner Business Prem seat is sub par.

Pre this virus there was (maybe still is) a project to re imagine the entire pointy end. Much like the 2004/5 project which launched the now dated Herringbone Business class seats which were a winner for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Qantas lending has real airplanes (nearly new) as collateral ......Govt lending to AIR backed by ‘hope’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Qantas lending has real airplanes (nearly new) as collateral ......Govt lending to AIR backed by ‘hope’
    The Govt already owns 50 % of their planes & an option on more - well the ones that aren't leased .

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Can someone confirm UBS recent $0.40c TP for AIR.............
    Not sure dreamcatcher, but I think that's more realistic as to where the market is pricing this.
    I don't think investors have woken up to the fact the aviation industry will not be same when we emerge from this pandemic.
    The best case scenario is we get a vaccine in a years time. Then slowly the industry recovers.
    My guess AIR will need another billion. I think in the coming months there will be mass layoffs, well beyond the current 30%, which will help stem the bleeding of cash. Either way, it's not a pretty picture.