sharetrader
Page 365 of 397 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3964

Share price yoyoing. Nobody knows what is happening. At least in the GFC there were some economic rules to sort of follow.

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

I've been WFH, self-isolating and social distancing overseas for just over a week and a half now. I woke up the other day thinking, damn I need a holiday. Once things get back to normal, you will have a lot of people with built up disposal income, built up annual leave entitlement who need a holiday. THL could do well on the other side (if they make it).

A thought which might provide solace to holders (like myself).
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Quote Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
    I've been WFH, self-isolating and social distancing overseas for just over a week and a half now. I woke up the other day thinking, damn I need a holiday. Once things get back to normal, you will have a lot of people with built up disposal income, built up annual leave entitlement who need a holiday. THL could do well on the other side (if they make it).

A thought which might provide solace to holders (like myself).
    I like your optimism. And you could well be correct. However, I think the more likely scenario is that individuals following this will likely,

a) Reduce spending for some time due smaller investment holding (house and kiwisaver values likely to drop)
    b) Less disposable income due to being placed on leave without pay or worse loosing job all altogether
    c) Have little annual leave accrued due to business's placing staff on annual leave through shutdown.
    d) small business owners will be less likely to holiday due to recovering their business losses through shutdown.

Im steering well clear of tourism companies as I think their rebound time will be longer than others.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    I like your optimism. And you could well be correct. However, I think the more likely scenario is that individuals following this will likely,

a) Reduce spending for some time due smaller investment holding (house and kiwisaver values likely to drop)
    b) Less disposable income due to being placed on leave without pay or worse loosing job all altogether
    c) Have little annual leave accrued due to business's placing staff on annual leave through shutdown.
    d) small business owners will be less likely to holiday due to recovering their business losses through shutdown.

Im steering well clear of tourism companies as I think their rebound time will be longer than others.
    Agree. It isn't just as simple as the lockdown in NZ and all being hunky dory. All of these other countries have to be clear and able to travel as well. Who knows when aviation will come back either - got to get here somehow.

I think it will also depend on confidence - how confident are punters going to be to get in a metal tube and fly half way around the world for a bit of a holiday.

Very big barge pole at the moment.....

BIG rally in travel related stocks today

Worst must be over
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BIG rally in travel related stocks today

Worst must be over
    Really? More likely it's the allure of low-priced goods!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Really? More likely it's the allure of low-priced goods!

Or cut-price holidays!

??? Are those all THL camper vans?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12320229

Would certainly explain the puzzling rocketing up in share price these past 2 days...

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    ??? Are those all THL camper vans?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12320229

Would certainly explain the puzzling rocketing up in share price these past 2 days...
    Yup, if you zoom into the picture you can clearly make out their brands, particularly the Maui and Britz brand on the campervans

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

The amount of sharesies buyers is always comical when you see all the buyers stacked to the buy side 111 buyers for 71k shares @ $1.15