sharetrader
Page 350 of 697 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Labour's got nobody competent enough to replace him. Next on the list would probably be David Parker - and he'd be awful.
    That really is a major problem for Labour. In a caucus bereft of talent who does she put in there?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In a Cindy's cabinet bereft of talent, a trained parrot like Clark is valuable.
    That's the sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's the sad truth.
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/minister...hy/david-clark

"Inequality featured strongly in his maiden address to the House of Representatives in 2012."

Rich - coming from someone who believes he is above everyone else.

Background : "run a University of Otago residential College, worked as a Presbyterian Minister, and worked as a Treasury analyst." In other words, has never worked in a business environment and only knows how to spend other people's money. Just like the rest of Cindy's cabinet.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-04-2020 at 10:43 AM.

This turned into a quite nasty thread ... and this is a pity. I thought NZ might be these days bigger than just a bunch of narrow minded people fighting each other about non-issues, but maybe I was wrong.

Maybe we should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. NZ is doing so far quite well in this crisis, and I think that the fact that both our government as well as our opposition are rather reasonable and able to listen to and implementing expert advise.

Obviously - neither David Clarks nor Simon Bridges behavior was exemplary (in the sense of leading by doing), but I don't think that any of them endangered with their behavior other people. The rules are as well quite open to interpretation and I think we should still be able to use some common sense.

Give both of them a fine (if they really did break the laws at the time, what I doubt) and lets get on - shall we?

I really think that as a country we have bigger fish to fry ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    This turned into a quite nasty thread ... and this is a pity. I thought NZ might be these days bigger than just a bunch of narrow minded people fighting each other about non-issues, but maybe I was wrong.

Maybe we should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. NZ is doing so far quite well in this crisis, and I think that the fact that both our government as well as our opposition are rather reasonable and able to listen to and implementing expert advise.

Obviously - neither David Clarks nor Simon Bridges behavior was exemplary (in the sense of leading by doing), but I don't think that any of them endangered with their behavior other people. The rules are as well quite open to interpretation and I think we should still be able to use some common sense.

Give both of them a fine (if they really did break the laws at the time, what I doubt) and lets get on - shall we?

Disagree.

This thread is about how the Labour/NZF/Green government is doing right or wrong - not a 'rallying to support the PM' thread on Coronavirus.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-04-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I think Bridges is perfectly within his rights to be travelling to Wellington as an essential worker. Clark, unfortunately for him, has been hung out to dry to be seen to be doing the right thing in volatile times.

Guru

If he should get a better provider, then surely Cindy should get a better Minister of Health?

Not the trained parrot we have in Clark whose values are Labour’s Values!
    You do some funny word associations.
    Truely unbalanced

My values are Labour's Values - David Clark, Health Minister.

Must feel like you have been thrown into a barren rose bush bereft of roses but with heaps of thorns, westerly?

You have my sympathy - try not to make it spoil your day.
    Not at all . In taking some exercise for himself and his family Clark was doing the right thing. A car being involved was possibly his only error.
    Simon however, sitting in a car for hundreds of Ks because he has a poor internet connection?

You should get away from the computer and get more exercise - it will make a big difference

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Not at all . In taking some exercise for himself and his family Clark was doing the right thing. A car being involved was possibly his only error.
    Simon however, sitting in a car for hundreds of Ks because he has a poor internet connection?

You should get away from the computer and get more exercise - it will make a big difference

westerly
    And there you have it - hypocrisy is fine as long as it is done by Cindy or her ministers.

Disagree.

This thread is about how the Labour/NZF/Green government is doing right or wrong - not a rallying thread on Coronavirus.
    Sure - I am just suggesting that if the mountain bike trip of our health minister is the most terrible thing our government did, than we must truly have an amazing government.

Lets look at the big picture, don't sweat the small stuff ... shall we?

I will judge the government at the end on whether they manage to bring us through this crisis with a minimum of human and economical damage. If this means that they don't fire an official for driving 35 in a 30 zone .... or for driving his mountain bike to a track, then so be it.

I prefer a government to look at the big picture instead of getting diverted by small minded nitpicking. But hey - that's just me.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)