sharetrader

Thread: Bear.asx

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    It may work well but be careful holding too long. Last time BBOZ were at 1265 (yesterday's close) (ignoring a month ago) was about a year ago when the ASX was at 6200. Yesterday it was at 5287. There is some serious loss if you hold this instrument for a medium to long term basis.
    You are quite right and I am aware of this issue. However - I think markets are still ways in denial and I expect probably later this month or early next month still a quite significant drop, which would be good for the strong bear.

Obviously - I might be wrong and everything is honky dory from here with nobody realizing all these dead and unemployed people piling up.

If this happens, than yes, I might lose a bit of money with BBOZ, but hey - my other stocks would in this case do really well (which is the nature of hedging). Anyway, I think at this stage I better stay hedged.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You are quite right and I am aware of this issue. However - I think markets are still ways in denial and I expect probably later this month or early next month still a quite significant drop, which would be good for the strong bear.

Obviously - I might be wrong and everything is honky dory from here with nobody realizing all these dead and unemployed people piling up.

If this happens, than yes, I might lose a bit of money with BBOZ, but hey - my other stocks would in this case do really well (which is the nature of hedging). Anyway, I think at this stage I better stay hedged.
    I have been thinking the same. Don't watch Ausi too closely but the way it's behaving this morning you could be fooled to thinking "what virus" . Surely if the world is going down Ausi is going with it ?
    Last edited by ynot; 07-04-2020 at 04:56 PM.