sharetrader
Page 728 of 1908 FirstFirst ... 22862867871872472572672772872973073173273877882812281728 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 19073

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    lol, you do make me laugh Balance.

1. I bought two of those four shares you listed, amongst others, on those dates.
    2. Who said I'm looking at the index?
    3. Newbie? Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
    Bluntly, because only a newbie would write what you wrote - unless you were writing about the index.

Refer to my post #7286.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Bluntly, because only a newbie would write what you wrote - unless you were writing about the index.
    Disagree.

Re your point about resilient stocks, let's take CEN for example. That is well within 10% of its prior COVID lows. How is that now a buying opportunity based off COVID occuring? Was it such a screaming back at the prior point time? How does COVID occurring make it such a screaming buy when the price is the same?

Even notwithstanding that, other metrics to consider price and what it is being based on/denoted in (i.e. not just $), such as P/E, can be used. Investopedia has some good easy to understand info.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Disagree.

Re your point about resilient stocks, let's take CEN for example. That is well within 10% of its prior COVID lows. How is that now a buying opportunity based off COVID occuring? Was it such a screaming back at the prior point time? How does COVID occurring make it such a screaming buy when the price is the same?

Even notwithstanding that, other metrics to consider price and what it is being based on/denoted in (i.e. not just $), such as P/E, can be used. Investopedia has some good easy to understand info.
    Investopedia?

And from a valuation standpoint, what has the cost of capital done in the last 3 months?

I rest my case.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-04-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RnT View Post
    Haha, Oh look, I know a lot of rich people in NZ and abroad give a lot of their wealth away (it would be nice if it were more of those people though). I guess I get a little pissy when the super rich, in the first instance, see this as an opportunity to make more money, when there are millions of people out there, who for this first times in their lives are struggling to put food on the table for their kids. In my utopian world, the first thing rich people might think of in times like this is who can they help.

I am also reminded of the charts that illustrate how much money people give away (as a proportion of their income), by income level. That paints a sobering picture.
    They should make their money, RnT - because that's what they do as their profession. Just like doctors save lives as their profession.

Then, what do they do with the money they make?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...fet/362275001/

Hope the article cheers you up a bit that it's not all about making money and keeping it for their own creature comforts and ego.

so even china is handing out cash ( helicopter money to its citizens to spur recovery

China's coronavirus stimulus opts for coupons in a world awash with cash handouts

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...ction=business
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    so even china is handing out cash ( helicopter money to its citizens to spur recovery

China's coronavirus stimulus opts for coupons in a world awash with cash handouts

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...ction=business
    You ain’t seen nothing yet.

You ain’t seen nothing yet.
    yes nothing yet in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes nothing yet in NZ
    Comes August or a month before the election, expect one - with Cindy’s compliments. No doubt there will be a letter with her smiling face & signature too.

But if you are on a marginal tax rate of 33%, hard potatoes - no helicopter money for you.

Guru

Comes August or a month before the election, expect one - with Cindy’s compliments. No doubt there will be a letter with her smiling face & signature too.

But if you are on a marginal tax rate of 33%, hard potatoes - no helicopter money for you.
    We really do need a predictions thread to keep track of all the ones made here.

no needs to be sooner than that , heaps people be unemployed by then. once the wage subsidy is finished companies be laying people of in droves to pocket the difference.