sharetrader
Page 206 of 326 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    The $10 million needed for Investor Class 1 application may be an awful lot of money to some of us but there there are a lot of people who have that kind of wealth in the PRC.
    I can tell you from my Immigration Consultant contact (ex-MP) that NZ is last on the list for those from PRC with real serious money - their preferences being Canada & Australia, US, UK and NZ a very very very distant last.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-04-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Banned

Nah...$10 is nothing....bring more....

Our Papatūānuku is worthy...
    Last edited by King1212; 27-04-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I can tell you from my Immigration Consultant contact (ex-MP) that NZ is last on the list for those from PRC with real serious money - their preferences being Canada & Australia, US, UK and NZ a very very very distant last.
    That sounds right – it's certainly consistent with all the discussions I have had with people in Hong Kong. Limited career and business opportunities, the FIE tax and education are regularly mentioned as reasons for preferring other destinations.

That said, it's a very big pool of eligible people and NZ's a very small economy – it only takes a tiny fraction of the people looking to exit China to decide to head down our way to make an impact. No idea whether it will happen or not.

Banned

We don't need expats with heaps of student loan or debts. Plz don't return....we need only people that have a lot of bacon in the fridge.....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yes, but being cynical, if I was an immigration consultant I too would be doing everything I could to talk down the capital input required from my potential clients.

By the way, how did all this discussion get on MET's thread? Oh, house prices!!!

LOL
    he's quick.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    LOL
    he's quick.
    Smart man, anything's better than A, LOL
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

FWIW- Metlifecare has been number 2 for two consecutive weeks on direct Broking”s Top 10 buys.So,someone is buying and as Balance rightly pointed out, the Arb”s aren’t selling and the volume is pretty low.

THEY MUST CONTINUE WITH THEIR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ...and put us out of our misery

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...211/321431.pdf

GO MET ....STICK IT TO THEM
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    +1

I'm an expat currently doing lockdown in NZ. Two agents cold called me last week to ask when (not if) I'm coming back here to live and whether I had found a home yet. Apparently they know something I don't. Both agents also assumed I was only interested in the expensive end of the market which would come as a shock to my creditors.

In addition to the points you mention, there's also the question of career and, for many, a non-Kiwi spouse, children settled in overseas schools and other ties that build up over the years.

I'm sure some will come back, maybe even a few more than normal, but expectations of a deluge of returning Kiwi's "desperate" to buy a house are wishful thinking on the part of the agents. Likewise, the idea of buying a house as a safe haven home for the future fails due to the combined effect of NZ's tax residency rules and the FIE regime.

What we may see is an increase in people looking to migrate to NZ from places like the PRC.
    Yeah its all talk. I have also had several agents contact me, friend of a friend said I had left LA, they do not know my NZ property interest are in Trusts etc so they are scouting around for business. I know a lot of ex-pats that have come back for the relative safety..for now...an an entirely different issue to settle back here when the big money will always be overseas. Only a very small group are in a independent financial position to do just that.