sharetrader
Page 392 of 697 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wtf do you guys actually want then? You whinge about absolutely everything the government does. You are never happy about anything. Would it hurt you to express even a modicum of appreciation for something? You’re like a freaking bunch of 3 year olds.
    Clarity, consistency and transparency. The level system was announced about 8 weeks ago. Yet they are still making it up as they go along. That is the problem. No point having a level system if you are going to change the definitions on an ad hoc basis.

Wtf do you guys actually want then? You whinge about absolutely everything the government does. You are never happy about anything. Would it hurt you to express even a modicum of appreciation for something? You’re like a freaking bunch of 3 year olds.
    What do you expect? Most of them are staunch Trump supporters :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Which guys are you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Clarity, consistency and transparency. The level system was announced about 8 weeks ago. Yet they are still making it up as they go along. That is the problem. No point having a level system if you are going to change the definitions on an ad hoc basis.
    True. On the other hand - it takes typically years to work and think through acts of this complexity to get them right. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack for some easy to fix inconsistencies and look instead at the things they got right ... and be all glad that we live neither in Borislandia nor in Trumpland where narcissistic and populist idiots at the helm are currently demonstrating how a really messed up COVID-19 response looks like.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I know. It does my head in

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    What do you expect? Most of them are staunch Trump supporters :

If you have to ask you’re probably one of them
    (anyone for whom the above description fits)

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Which guys are you guys?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 11-05-2020 at 05:27 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Yet schools will be open. Cinemas, public transport. It's an ill thought out mess.
    What would you have done?Constantly changing, constant inflow of data.Has to be done pretty quickly.
    What i think is a no brainer is mixing the church and bars together. Praying over a pint of guiness or stoking up the fires of ones imagination at the pulpit with a good malt whiskey in your non pointing hand.

Guru

My main beef with the "new improved " rules for level 2 is the inconsistency to the point of stupidity. When my fundamental Human Rights are being interfered with and impinged with a moveable feast of poorly thought out rules I get a mite tetchy.

IMO

You mean you hunt for something to complain about because that is your nature , that of a critic.Have a pint and say 10 hailmarys then do a ministry of silly walks, laugh your head off , its good medicine

If you seriously believe your human rights are being denied, I pity you. There are people all over the world who live with no human rights. They would swap places with you in a heartbeat. This is what is wrong with Western Society - everyone has this ridiculous sense of entitlement and think their throats are cut when are are a little inconvenienced. Your life in NZ is a life of luxury compared to those who genuinely have their human rights ignored. Girls being mutilated by forced circumcision, children being exploited in the sex industry, human trafficking and many, many other unconscionable acts of cruelty/exploitation. There is no comparison to what you are “being denied.’

But God help Jacinda for locking you down for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    When my fundamental Human Rights are being interfered with and impinged with a moveable feast of poorly thought out rules I get a mite tetchy.