sharetrader
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

In good virus news wont it to be interesting to see if anyone gets a cold between 25Mar and end of level3. Might put to rest the annoyingly believable theory that you get a cold when you get cold.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    In good virus news wont it to be interesting to see if anyone gets a cold between 25Mar and end of level3. Might put to rest the annoyingly believable theory that you get a cold when you get cold.
    Of course you can. It may even lead to it after prolonged exposure. Not sure why you find that annoying.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 06-05-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Barron's Headlines

"Gilead Science’s investigational antiviral remdesivir–proved effective against the Covid-19 virus in initial clinical trials–is being closely watched by the world. After receiving the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s emergency authorization last week, the company said the drug could be available to U.S patients as soon as this week. Now, the bio-pharma company is looking to expand that supply globally."

IMO

Remdesivir helps the recovery time for the patient by a few days, what else? havnt i kept up.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 06-05-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Remdesivir helps the recovery time for the patient by a few days, what else? havnt i kept up.
    I suspect "Recovery" is the key word JT. Quite a handy attribute.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I suspect "Recovery" is the key word JT. Quite a handy attribute.
    Very handy if you are a hospital and want the bed back.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RnT View Post
    Thought I'd follow up on this (one month later).

FiveThirtyEight had Trumps approval rating at 44.4% when I made my initial claim. You rightfully pointed out there was a short term downward trend though, but I indicated that even still his overall approval rating was higher than at any time over the previous two years.

Now, one month on, the short term downward trend is now a short term upward trend, and the rating sits at 44.0%.

In short, same conclusion my friend - (when you wash out the noise) Trump's ratings are as strong as ever - you convinced yet lol?
    I know what the ratings are, and what they were. I do not recall 'rightfully pointing to a downward trend'. I simply pointed out the folly of goiung by what you hear, as opposed to reading a survey result, unless what you heard is from a sizeasble sample; say around 1000. And please don't call me friend. That is a patronising term used frequently by those TV preachers and clowns like Billy Graham.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RnT View Post
    Jeepers, didnt mean to offend you Fungus Pudding.

You focussed way too much on a single word I used in my original post, rather than on the facts of the content I was highlighting. But then, for some reason, you also chose to highlight a contrary short term trend, which is a bit odd given the noise involved in polling (medium term trends you would think are much more appropriate in this instance). Anyway, thats OK, thats why I followed up and clarified several things at the time, and also why I have again followed up, to substantiate everything I said in my original post with facts and figures, from what I would argue is the best source of data on this. I thought you would appreciate that given your comments, but I guess not.

By the way, I do find it quite amusing that you have gotten all worked up by my terminology when you did exactly the same to me a few posts back. Forgot the post? go back and look!!
    Always happy to accept compliments and praise for my pedantry. Thanks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12331869
    Lessons from lockdown: The changes we'll keep.
    Many people found lockdown gave them a chance to reflect and realise what is important, and some of the best things in life are free – family, friends, nature.
    “Having fewer choices is freeing. My pre-Covid life was so busy and so full of choices and so full of things that I needed to control, things that I needed to juggle. Lockdown just removed all of those choices and all of that responsibility, or most of it anyway. Lockdown has seen me be the most mentally well I've been in a long time. It forced me to see what is nurturing and nourishing for me.”
    · Homeschooling has taught us so much about our kids
    · Kicking bad spending habits
    · I'm so grateful for school
    · My work is not my identity
    · Nature is everything

Stats nz website can answer that for you. Look for electronic card spending stats