sharetrader
Page 250 of 326 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3258

I wouldn't never advocate gold, silver, or bitcoin. But I would have to agree that Kiyosaki was right about cash. Fake money, monopoly money, is what is going to happen to the money supply. Hyper inflation will mean the only assets worth having will be property, particularly those assets such as retirement villages that have captive demand, regular captive income and a guaranteed future. I don't want the cash, it is too fleeting in value. If this takeover goes ahead, watch other village shares go up as investors will look to place the cash.

Default A very brief updated sector view.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I wouldn't never advocate gold, silver, or bitcoin. But I would have to agree that Kiyosaki was right about cash. Fake money, monopoly money, is what is going to happen to the money supply. Hyper inflation will mean the only assets worth having will be property, particularly those assets such as retirement villages that have captive demand, regular captive income and a guaranteed future. I don't want the cash, it is too fleeting in value. If this takeover goes ahead, watch other village shares go up as investors will look to place the cash.
    This is the smart way to play this takeover thing. OCA will be the only retirement company left trading at a sizeable discount to asset backing. OCA are trading on a pre covid 19 historical underlying PE of just 9, (which means you are getting all future growth for all time for nothing) and appear to have a sustainable dividend yield of 6.6% and the vast majority of their income is from Govt funded care. I think OCA will get a significant boost if the MET takeover happens, (or more likely a negotiated settlement) as investors reallocate the proceeds of the takeover back onto the sector. I like both MET and OCA but am more comfortable holding OCA long term with their much higher yield and arguably more resilient business model.

For the life of me I cannot see any logic in holding any of the other retirement companies that are trading at a premium to asset backing. I think Salt are bang on the money with their short on vastly overrated RYM. I also think SUM's profits are very vulnerable to a substantial pullback, (60% of profits came from development last year), such a pullback being driven from increased cost of construction and ongoing inability to sell even the reduced numbers of units they're building.

ARV should do okay but I see much better value in MET and OCA.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

being short RYM likely means that they can go hard on the long side of the equation as sectoral risk is greatly reduced - something a fund will have to bear in mind
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Wow ...big shareholders support MET

Dont we all

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...446/322925.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

that make the avpg group take notice lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    that make the avpg group take notice lol
    They have no choice starting in a weeks time

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    They have no choice starting in a weeks time
    Precisely - and big shareholders coming out to support MET is all about sending a message to go ahead and spend the millions of dollars required to take on AVPG.

Out of court settlement is my guess of how AVPG is currently contemplating.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-05-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Precisely - and big shareholders coming out to support MEWT is all about sending a message to go ahead and spend the millions of dollars required to take on AVPG.

Out of court settlement is my guess of how AVPG is currently contemplating.
    Sooooo let's assume if there is an out of court settlement...... how much would be acceptable to MET? ........ after legal fees if paid out to shareholders ..... just over 213 million shares on register.

big s/h supporting met means they dont mind if met pays millions in court costs thats all. as was the case with cml in aus big s/h actually took legal action themselves as well as the company and still meant jake at the end of the day.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Sooooo let's assume if there is an out of court settlement...... how much would be acceptable to MET? ........ after legal fees if paid out to shareholders ..... just over 213 million shares on register.
    $1 per share works for me. Although I guess the taxman takes away a 3rd of it, which isn't so appealing.