sharetrader
Page 233 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 14171

Thanks, Biker.

Hey mista tea. I know your shareholding was quite high. How much are you going to have to put up to maintain holding. If you like to devulge 🙂.
    Its a real shame Mr stewert wasn't put in charge a couple of years earlier. Although broadband and then possibly power are low profit enterprises its the linking of things together to make better deals for the consumer bundling. With spark its the offer of half price spotify and free lightbox. I'm with spark for the sole reason of half price spotify. My dad has sky and I know he would switch broadband for a cheaper package.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Hey mista tea. I know your shareholding was quite high. How much are you going to have to put up to maintain holding. If you like to devulge .
    Its a real shame Mr stewert wasn't put in charge a couple of years earlier. Although broadband and then possibly power are low profit enterprises its the linking of things together to make better deals for the consumer bundling. With spark its the offer of half price spotify and free lightbox. I'm with spark for the sole reason of half price spotify. My dad has sky and I know he would switch broadband for a cheaper package.
    I am a little reluctant to get into the precise dollars and cents of the deal at this junction, but it is a 6 figure sum.

I am also happy with the prospect of broadband, mobile etc. Initially they are going to offer their broadband service to satellite customers. That immediately gives them over half a million existing customers to advertise to. The possibilities of how they might offer discounted bundles are numerous, and I do think it will be very popular with existing satellite subs.

And that is, potentially, just the tip of the iceberg. They won't make a hell of a lot off the broadband in and of itself - but it is the bundling that will enable them to grow profits from their higher margin entertainment business.

They look set to offer Sky GO as a standalone product too. More savings for customers, and a big move into streaming for Sky as their existing product becomes more mainstream (as opposed to just a nice 'extra' for the dwindling satellite base).

There will be winners and losers under this deal for sure. And it would have been much better if they did the capital raising when the shares were north of $1 - they could have raised way more money and diluted shareholders who can't/won't participate far less.

However, we are where we are. It's not all gravy - but there is a lot to be happy about too for the participating shareholders.

Membaa

After a 5.9 year 97.5% decline in share price, it amazes me that anyone could be optimistic about SKY.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    After a 5.9 year 97.5% decline in share price, it amazes me that anyone could be optimistic about SKY.
    Jeez baabaa, is that right .....97.5% is huge ....could round it to 100% .....but one still has tickets to the show.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

An acquaintance says he’s got a bundle of SKY shares but doesn’t know much about cap raisings and asked what does it mean and whst should he do.

I told him it’s about the company asking him to give about 34 cents for every share he has and then he would then have heaps and heaps more shares. His response ‘what, the bastards want my cash’. I said that’s right and lots of it.

He said ‘stuff them, I got them so they could pay me interest’.......’ and I I told him he could just ignore the whole thing and not do anything but didn’t elaborate on dilution because understanding that would be way beyond him.

I don’t think I’d make a good financial advisor and some people should not really be buying shares.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    An acquaintance says he’s got a bundle of SKY shares but doesn’t know much about cap raisings and asked what does it mean and whst should he do.

I told him it’s about the company asking him to give about 34 cents for every share he has and then he would then have heaps and heaps more shares. His response ‘what, the bastards want my cash’. I said that’s right and lots of it.

He said ‘stuff them, I got them so they could pay me interest’.......’ and I I told him he could just ignore the whole thing and not do anything but didn’t elaborate on dilution because understanding that would be way beyond him.

I don’t think I’d make a good financial advisor and some people should not really be buying shares.
    I'll be happy to take his entitlement as I'm going in at 120%.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Would he belong to the Bowling Club by any chance?

It's a case if having to really. After buying the break even is 17 to 18 cents.
    Doing nothing you lose alot. So even buying then selling at least you don't lose so much. Unless of course sky shares crash then we are all screwed in the short term obviously. I still believe sky have a future just going to take a little longer.
    Thing that gets me is has Netflix managed to turn a profit as last I heard they were screaming through there money even with the growth. If anyone has any figures it would great to know I have looked bit not in awhile. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Would he belong to the Bowling Club by any chance?
    No mate .... not classy enough for the bowling club

See's you a guru stock picker I think you I'll get him to contact you