sharetrader
Page 438 of 899 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 8982

HLG (and other online retailers) must be getting really pissed off with courier performance of late

Makes you think twice about buying on line ....and then often whatever you were going to buy you will decide you don’t really need it if you have to go to a store
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Not sure why they are so far behind, I suppose they have all other mail as well. I have something (small enough I would imagine the normal posties to deliver) I bought from Ebay in Aus, to discover it comes from China, not received yet and don't know if it is one of these that NZ Post has been sitting on for the past 4-5 weeks as low priority - how they work that out I don't know. Bought a replacement now in any event for about twice the price from trade Me here and got in a couple of days - sorry slightly off topic
    Disc- Holding a few HLG - have been for sometime for my children

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HLG (and other online retailers) must be getting really pissed off with courier performance of late

Makes you think twice about buying on line ....and then often whatever you were going to buy you will decide you don’t really need it if you have to go to a store
    I'm a business that uses Courier Post, it has been a nightmare. Weeks of delays, some parcels just get stuck in the system and are difficult to fill. Most customers are really good, some are just so rude about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    I'm a business that uses Courier Post, it has been a nightmare. Weeks of delays, some parcels just get stuck in the system and are difficult to fill. Most customers are really good, some are just so rude about it.

Do you really blame them for getting slightly testy about it

Blaming couriers not good for customer experience

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    I ordered some badly needed stationary for work during the lockdown 4. Three items from Warehouse stationary all ordered at the same time. They came individually, the first after 1 week, the second after 10 days and the third item not for nearly 3 weeks. Its just an absurd situation.

I would say now the system is basically broken and if you need something within 3 weeks its best to go to the store and get it yourself. This sort of situation cannot be helpful to HLG and others.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I ordered some badly needed stationary for work during the lockdown 4. Three items from Warehouse stationary all ordered at the same time. They came individually, the first after 1 week, the second after 10 days and the third item not for nearly 3 weeks. Its just an absurd situation.

I would say now the system is basically broken and if you need something within 3 weeks its best to go to the store and get it yourself. This sort of situation cannot be helpful to HLG and others.
    Not helpful at all

Hard to keep your customers happy if your delivery is ****e ....no matter how good your online offer is.

Handsome Member

Do you really blame them for getting slightly testy about it

Blaming couriers not good for customer experience
    Pretty unfair statement there. I am in the same position. I have tried the other operators and I have always opted for Courier post, even though more costly they very rarely "lose" parcels like Fastways do. However I have had about 50+ parcels off the 400 odd that was sent just sitting on their system as "in depot". Caught up with a friend who works as a PM there and says they have been renting out warehouses to hold parcels while they tray and get through the backlog. They are sending Auckland parcels to Wellington to be sorted and get sent back here. It is insane. But as a customer using their service, how do you expect us to know after the fact?? My customer can see the tracking number sent with 24hrs of their purchase but then on the Courier system for 3 weeks with no movement. If the courier isnt to blame, who is???

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Pretty unfair statement there. I am in the same position. I have tried the other operators and I have always opted for Courier post, even though more costly they very rarely "lose" parcels like Fastways do. However I have had about 50+ parcels off the 400 odd that was sent just sitting on their system as "in depot". Caught up with a friend who works as a PM there and says they have been renting out warehouses to hold parcels while they tray and get through the backlog. They are sending Auckland parcels to Wellington to be sorted and get sent back here. It is insane. But as a customer using their service, how do you expect us to know after the fact?? My customer can see the tracking number sent with 24hrs of their purchase but then on the Courier system for 3 weeks with no movement. If the courier isnt to blame, who is???
    Thanks for that LAC, totally agree. Once it leaves your premises and is in the couriers hands, there is little you can do about it. Courier Post would not even take your call to help further unless you parcel was at least 6 working days over due. I also heard that they quite often get 9 big bins behind at xmas and over lock down they were back logged 36. So they couldn't deal with the volume. I don't think it was their fault either, they were not to predict this was going to happen. It was just an unfortunate side effect of the lockdown. And like I said most customers were really good about it. Things are getting better now and parcels are getting delivered quicker.

Put it this way

I bought something online from Hallensteins. Took 16 days to get here

My experience with dealing with Hallensteins this time not a good one. Hallensteins 'goodwill' / reputation negatively affected. My expectations (to some extent raised by their marketing) were not met.

Mind you it's taken 21 days and still waiting for goods from Wild South ...again its Wild South's 'goodwill' / reputation that's suffering

The customer is always right ...they have a choice and can vote with their feet or wallet
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Put it this way

I bought something online from Hallensteins. Took 16 days to get here

My experience with dealing with Hallensteins this time not a good one. Hallensteins 'goodwill' / reputation negatively affected

Mind you it's taken 21 days and still waiting for goods from Wild South ...again its Wild South's 'goodwill' / reputation that's suffering

The customer is always right ...they have a choice and can vote with their feet or wallet
    This sort of nonsense does put you off buying online, no question about that. I ordered some vitamin supplements from Chemist warehouse last Friday in a sale to restock my medical cabinet. Before doing so I checked I had at least a full months supply of the required supplements already on hand. That's what it has come too, at least as far as I am concerned.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine