sharetrader
Page 424 of 697 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Everything is about Trump with you BP. You are fixated with him. The US had a high level of incarceration long before Trump came along. Remember how Obama was going to close Guantanamo?
    BP has lost the plot when it comes to Trump. He has what is called TDS. Suffers from it bigly. On stocks though he makes very good and valid points. The US incarceration rate like you say has nothing to do with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    BP has lost the plot when it comes to Trump. He has what is called TDS. Suffers from it bigly. On stocks though he makes very good and valid points. The US incarceration rate like you say has nothing to do with Trump.
    Funny post. Think about it - you normally provide reasonable posts if its not about politics. Unfortunately the alt right seems to have brainwashed you and took your critical thinking and your values. The silly name you invent for people who disagree with the crook (TDS?) does have another name - it is called judgement, it is the ability to distinguish between right and wrong.

I assume you once learned from your parents the difference between right and wrong as well? Sad you lost it.

And now you are supporting a spineless liar and crook who is killing his people. Admittedly - we don't know whether this is because he is dumb or because he is mean. I assume both is true. Makes me shudder if I think about his supporters. The same ilk who used to support previously Franco, Mussolini, Hitler and other monsters and who is supporting idiots like Bolsonaro and Johnson. No questions asked. But I understand - probably hard to ask questions for somebody already deep in their intestines, isn't it? What do you get for your services?

Shame on you and up on the ignore list you go.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-05-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Shame on you and up on the ignore list you go.
    Bit of a shame you would do that BP. But its a free world and you can do what you like. I for one will never put anyone on an ignore list, especially not on an online forum. I am a firm believer in free speech and also that everyone's opinion is valid no matter where they come from or what beliefs they hold. Even those that are an anathema to mine. By ignoring people you tend to isolate in a circle jerk of like minded thinking and miss a lot of diversity.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It's meaning is actually widely misunderstood. Obviously you use it, but I never would. I avoid anything ambiguous.
    The term is well understood.
    If a [erson is asked by a tradie if you want a 'cashie' they well understand the implication - under the counter payment with no tax paid.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The term is well understood.
    If a person is asked by a tradie if you want a 'cashie' they well understand the implication - under the counter payment with no tax paid.
    To which I say that most people think there is something either illegal, or at best highly suspicious, about paying your lawnmower contractor, or any other home services in cash. And it is not.
    And it's perfectly reasonable for said lawnmower man to offer a cash discount to avoid sending an account, waiting, risking a bad debt, etc.
    But I acknowledge what 'cash' implies to some people (not everyone is an honest willing taxpayer - like me). So I still say the term is best avoided.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 25-05-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Advanced Member

To which I say that most people think there is something either illegal, or at best highly suspicious, about paying your lawnmower contractor, or any other home services in cash. And it is not.
    And it's perfectly reasonable for said lawnmower man to offer a cash discount to avoid sending an account, waiting, risking a bad debt, etc.
    But I acknowledge what 'cash' implies to some people (not everyone is an honest willing taxpayer - like me). So I still say the term is best avoided.
    The term is 'cashie', not 'cash'. It's shorthand, long since well established in the vernacular. Language is like that.

Guru

Paying cash is not illegal - agreed.
    The term 'cashie' does not mean just to pay cash and you know that, everyone else knows that also.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    The term is 'cashie', not 'cash'. It's shorthand, long since well established in the vernacular. Language is like that.
    I'm obviously naive in such matters, having spent a lifetime moving only in circles of the upright and honest.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Paying cash is not illegal - agreed.
    The term 'cashie' does not mean just to pay cash and you know that, everyone else knows that also.
    Yeah a "cashie" is when you do or offer a job/service without the implications of tax? That's what I have always thought. A "cashie" circumvents the tax man.

Paying your invoice by cash, well that is another story altogether.

Veteran novice

I'm obviously naive in such matters, having spent a lifetime moving only in circles of the upright and honest.
    Is that geometrically possible?

Afterthought: Or should that be "Is that possible, geometrically?"
    Last edited by macduffy; 25-05-2020 at 01:42 PM.