sharetrader
Page 811 of 869 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821861 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Hi Peat, that looks like one of those butterfly gartley patterns which were popular with the traders on the Forex page a few years ago. There will be ups and downs on the way but I think we could see $1800 at the end of the year. Your pattern is up against QE.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    But if you want exposure on the NZX and a dual listing it's NTL all the way!
    Traders stock only, sell a million for .001 c and make a quick thousand then buy back a point lower, rinse and repeat.Check the 1 year chart. So obvious and transparent, pity the poor sucked in mug investors.

Can anyone comment on the NZ Tax implications of holding PMGOLD on the ASX? Would it be caught by the FIF regime?

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Peat, that looks like one of those butterfly gartley patterns which were popular with the traders on the Forex page a few years ago. There will be ups and downs on the way but I think we could see $1800 at the end of the year. Your pattern is up against QE.
    Hi Peat, a drop in POG to US$ 1711 overnight. What is the time scale for your butterfly pattern. I see the price testing support at $1700.

Any thoughts on MML......gold miner in the Philippines....off the top of my head, the market cap is $150 million at 70 cents and my projected net profit after tax is over $50 million....in my eyes, too cheap. I bought $1000 at 64. Anyone know why it's so cheap?

Look at the country risk for the Philippines, I suspect a few investors would be discouraged from what has occurred with foreign miners there in the past. I believe Tampakan is still waiting for a mining permit?
    Sorry can't work out how to delete a post.
    Last edited by zero; 30-05-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Look at the country risk for the Philippines, I suspect a few investors would be discouraged from what has occurred with foreign miners there in the past. I believe Tampakan is still waiting for a mining permit?

https://www.mindanews.com/special-re...-gold-project/

Quote Originally Posted by younga View Post
    Any thoughts on MML......gold miner in the Philippines....off the top of my head, the market cap is $150 million at 70 cents and my projected net profit after tax is over $50 million....in my eyes, too cheap. I bought $1000 at 64. Anyone know why it's so cheap?
    I had a quick look over the stock, put it on my watch list. It is cheap with the PE and cash. Should get over a dollar soon I would guess. But investors are wary of Philippine stocks and the management don't look inspiring. I am guessing the AISC at around $1200 is higher than it need be. The Filipino miners would be getting 10% of the wages of miners in Aus. I would guess a fair amount of expenditure would be to keeping various groups happy. There always has been quite a bit of corruption in the Philippines, wether Duterte is getting it under control or not I don't know. The Muslim seperatists must be in the area. Social expenditure in the surrounding community. I would guess investors are spoilt for choice of gold miners in the ASX. A lot of the best mines seem to be overseas, but come with sovereign risk. WAF is an example. I am trying to buy some MYL this morning. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Sorry can't work out how to delete a post.
    Yeah rather not have my funds at risk in any of these nationalistic nations if economics and unemployment gets worse likely in 2020's Depression then for sure foreign companies making millions will be attacked first ...best case higher royalty taxes ..worse case you lose the project you spent mega millions on..

.... have been burnt in South Africa ...we are really lucky having Aus next door with many of the best miners in the world and great prospective country why take the risks ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Im a minimalist at charting but the Gold price is looking pretty rocky atm

Gold