sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

The $5m a day figure Beagle and you mention Blackcap was the average over level 4 and level 3. The figure will be no where near that now we are in level 1 without social distancing on flights.

Yes some passengers will use credits but there will also be some "catch-up" bookings taking place that will rebuild cash levels to some extent. The cash burn will still be down but the curve will look like a U or a backwards J at least.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    The $5m a day figure Beagle and you mention Blackcap was the average over level 4 and level 3. The figure will be no where near that now we are in level 1 without social distancing on flights.

Yes some passengers will use credits but there will also be some "catch-up" bookings taking place that will rebuild cash levels to some extent. The cash burn will still be down but the curve will look like a U or a backwards J at least.
    Yeah I know that, they might even be breaking even with domestic travel (just the operational side) but there are still a lot of skeletons to get through.

percy

Qantas/JetStar are going to be kicking them very hard while they are down.Very hard.It is that sort of business."Bastards R Us".
    Karma with the "legal theft" [but morally repugnant] of customer's money, means their brand will cost billions, and years to re build.May pay to rebrand as NAC.
    Last edited by percy; 11-06-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Banned

Bull traps everywhere....

All newbies are wondering n crying why the shares that just bought....down so much......

Here we go...another wave of market vilotile

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Bull traps everywhere....

All newbies are wondering n crying why the shares that just bought....down so much......

Here we go...another wave of market vilotile
    And so will it will start,"Beagle was right,I should have listened to him."

Banned

Oh great Percy....I admire you....you did not let this greedy market suck I in.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Oh great Percy....I admire you....you did not let this greedy market suck I in.
    I will add something for newbies.
    Should you have money/capital in the market you should not have,sell tomorrow morning.
    Right off any losses,and move on.Any profits put down to good luck.
    "A fool and his money are soon parted."

ps.Capital raises.
    To expand the business.Take up your rights.
    For the company to just stay in business.Leave to others.
    Last edited by percy; 11-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And so will it will start,"Beagle was right,I should have listened to him."
    Carefully gauge the narrative of the shorts who wish for lower prices against the longs who wish for higher prices. Understandable that everyone talks their own book but it is only the disengaged who offer unbiased commentary, imo.

I’m disengaged, no position short or long. I think AIR is a very poor investment at present but a very attractive trading instrument for those who have the skills and the fortitude to long it up and short it down. Not my cup of tea anymore, recipe for a sleep disorder.

Guru

Simply Brilliant Mr B!!!

"I agree this makes sense but the Govt might want to put the heat on minority shareholders and do a 4:1 at 50 cents and underwrite it themselves."

but who in the cabinet would even think of this? Treasury? certainly not Typhoon Twyford. Lovely Jacinda? The minister of sport? oops i ment finance....

Last edited by Waltzing; 11-06-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Guru

The perennial Mr Percy... sounds almost Jane Austenish... "Any profits put down to good luck." ive had some good luck lately but i should have sold more often and held more often...