sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    The perennial Mr Percy... sounds almost Jane Austenish... "Any profits put down to good luck." ive had some good luck lately but i should have sold more often and held more often...
    Stay lucky.

Guru

"Might be years (if ever) before any of those 15 777's come back from the Alice Springs plane graveyard." i hate this air craft and i never want to fly on one again even if they are safe ...where are they going to route them..id say they will have to sell them? to ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "Might be years (if ever) before any of those 15 777's come back from the Alice Springs plane graveyard." i hate this air craft and i never want to fly on one again even if they are safe ...where are they going to route them..id say they will have to sell them? to ?
    And who do you think would buy them.?
    Thousands of aircraft parked up,which will never see service again around the world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIs8Y9vgSs
    Last edited by percy; 11-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Banned

I will buy it.....$10k each

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I will buy it.....$10k each
    For fun go to ASX forum and read AQZ's [today] presentation.Raising au $121.9 mil of which au $91 mil is for fleet expansion.They are going gangbusters with FIFO [fly in fly out] services to the Australian mining sector.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And who do you think would buy them.?
    Thousands of aircraft parked up,which will never see service again around the world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIs8Y9vgSs
    There is only one way to sell them and that´s to scrapyards. Huge writeoffs for AIR coming on those

Banned

I will renovate it and do Airbnb on it....

But if the guests banging at the night...the plane might shake a bit? Anyone has ideas?

AIR N.Z.'s reputation nose dives. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12339228

777-200's are certainly a goner (circa $400m write off this year as already announced by AIR) and I doubt they'll bring back the 777-300's as they're the ones that have the old legacy pilot contracts with pilots earning ~ $500K each. These are about 8 years old and will be considerably more valuable than the 14 year old 777-200's.

AIR do not give a breakdown of values by aircraft type but I note in their 2019 financial statements, note 9 page 14 under the depreciation that airframes are written off over 18 years and engines over 6-15 years.
    If the 8 777-200's are worth $400m at an average age of 14 years with engines almost written off and airframes around 78% written off, then it would seem likely 7 bigger and more modern 777-300's at an average age of only 8 years are worth quite substantially more, perhaps $600-800m and if they have to be written off in the FY21 accounts that's another massive hit.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-06-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Along with The Warehouse...….whoops, wrong thread...…

Sorry Beagle, just....couldn't......resist.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 11-06-2020 at 08:45 PM.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I will renovate it and do Airbnb on it....

But if the guests banging at the night...the plane might shake a bit? Anyone has ideas?
    Upgrade the shocks, that should fix it 😀