sharetrader
Page 308 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2082582983043053063073083093103113123183584088081308 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 14180
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I think you guys made a very compelling case for an IFT takeover bid for SKT. It made very good sense to me and I admit I was quite disappointed it didnt come to fruition for you on Friday. That doesnt mean it won't happen though. Maybe IFT are waiting for the completion of their capital raise? Anyway time will tell but fingers crossed for you guys

Guru

Just watching the build up for chiefs vs highlanders.

Fantastic to see big crowds. Huge interest in the tournament.

I think sky sport and sky sport NOW subs are going to increase massively.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport...-pandemic.html

Time to load up on Sky if it goes down to 15 cents.

Anyone that invests in Sky now will probably end up with a multibagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport...-pandemic.html

Time to load up on Sky if it goes down to 15 cents.
    Full take up wasn't taken by retail so there was a little left over. So you might get a chance as those shares get off loaded for a tidy profit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Full take up wasn't taken by retail so there was a little left over. So you might get a chance as those shares get off loaded for a tidy profit.
    I still think IFT and Brookfield could be making a play for Sky as early as next week.

Those shares start trading on the 16th. So if you are bullish on sky at these prices you better get in quick.

My opinion. DYOR.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I still think IFT and Brookfield could be making a play for Sky as early as next week.

Those shares start trading on the 16th. So if you are bullish on sky at these prices you better get in quick.

My opinion. DYOR.
    Sports right are decreasing in value and by the sounds of it Spark is going to divest from Spark Sport. Sky will have far more leverage in negotiations if Spark leaves the picture. I saw another side of Martin in that interview. A more of a tough man/tough negotiator look. Maybe we might be cracking open a dom perignon after all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Sports right are decreasing in value and by the sounds of it Spark is going to divest from Spark Sport. Sky will have far more leverage in negotiations if Spark leaves the picture. I saw another side of Martin in that interview. A more of a tough man/tough negotiator look. Maybe we might be cracking open a dom perignon after all.
    Crap, I already cried myself to sleep on Friday watching Titanic and guzzling down that bottle of Krug I bought.

Celine gets to me. Every time.

Will have to buy another bottle perhaps!

Martin presided over a 12c cap raise. Short of running Sky into the ground or a 5c raise, anything he says or does will be an improvement. Suspect this whole thing was also a very stressful experience for the untested and new CFO. Welcome to running a public company, they’ve both come up well short.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Of all the options above, the Apple TV experience is the most seamless and well supported. The downside is of course you're locked into Apple's ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah for sure.

I have ended up with both an AppleTV 4K and a Vodafone TV. I like to try out all of the options ok!

AppleTV 4k is absolutely fantastic. I have never had a single issue using the platform and the user experience is incredible. The remote is so simple yet effective. And because I have an iPhone I can use the remote app on my phone if I want which enables me to easily search content using a keyboard. I am a big fan.
    The only downside for me is that there is no NEON app currently (that will change on July 7 when they release the 'new NEON').

Vodafone TV also has a good user experience (far better than MySky anyway!) but the experience is not as 'seamless' as Apple TV I find. Apple has set the bar very high, no question there.

Where Vodafone TV has AppleTV beat is that it is much more designed for the Kiwi market (and it is about half the price). Being able to watch all of the various traditional channels + an On Demand menu + all your other apps is very convenient. The latest VTV boxes have sorted out most of the issues that plagued the Beta version, and Netflix can now stream in 4K on VTV.

So overall...as much as I love AppleTV...at the moment I think Vodafone TV is the better product overall.

If you have no interest any any of the traditional Sky bundles, and just have a few OTT apps you subscribe to - then it's AppleTV all the way.
    OK....so I upgraded to an Apple TV 4K. All seems good. Very good in fact. Sky Sport Now APP runs well. Great to be able to easily scroll back 24 hours. The picture quality looks excellent. I guess we might switch to watching NETFLIX via the Apple TV. I hope this level of technology lasts for a couple of years at least. Thanks to both of you for your comments.