sharetrader
Page 236 of 341 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    SPP is at a 2.5% discount to market price over the next few days, no brokerage, and the money ends up with the company. No brainer for me, I've stuck some money in (about 50% of my total holdings so I expect to be scaled back).

I am in too, all the money, including the institutional cash sets them nicely to take advantage of any opportunities. Of course there always a chance they will be available cheaper at some stage, but it is not a guarantee.

Going to take over Sky TV many reckon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I am in too, all the money, including the institutional cash sets them nicely to take advantage of any opportunities. Of course there always a chance they will be available cheaper at some stage, but it is not a guarantee.
    I'm joining in too, for the $50K, despite possible macro market gyrations with coronavirus and with the loss of dividend opportunities with other shares meaning I need to orient the portfolio towards growth opportunities - hopefully with a tail wind from all this govt stimulus going on, (except Wgt Airport).
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

SPP is at a 2.5% discount to market price over the next few days, no brokerage, and the money ends up with the company. No brainer for me, I've stuck some money in (about 50% of my total holdings so I expect to be scaled back).
    You say no brainer but with this annoying type of raise where you tie up money trying to second guess the amount of scaling, last few months has shown its best to wait for the last day. I just got exactly what I want without the guesswork. And for less than the expected SPP (unless it drops a lot more today, in which case I might buy some more) incl brokerage...Lesson being it can be a more pleasant experience to keep options open to the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    You say no brainer but with this annoying type of raise where you tie up money trying to second guess the amount of scaling, last few months has shown its best to wait for the last day. I just got exactly what I want without the guesswork. And for less than the expected SPP (unless it drops a lot more today, in which case I might buy some more) incl brokerage...Lesson being it can be a more pleasant experience to keep options open to the last minute.
    You must have got a good price - based on this week's trading I expect the SPP to go through in the mid-high 4.60s.

I admit it's a little annoying having money tied up, I have a little cash sat out at the moment so it wasn't an issue for me. Only missing out on extremely minimal interest income. Does seem sensible to hold off till near the end just in case there's a 5% drop towards the end of the SPP pricing window.

Each to their own. Personally I place some value on my money actually going to the company. Reminds me I'm an owner rather than just trading a ticker code. I'm also not a high roller so brokerage is a real consideration for me.

You must have got a good price - based on this week's trading I expect the SPP to go through in the mid-high 4.60s.

I admit it's a little annoying having money tied up, I have a little cash sat out at the moment so it wasn't an issue for me. Only missing out on extremely minimal interest income. Does seem sensible to hold off till near the end just in case there's a 5% drop towards the end of the SPP pricing window.

Each to their own. Personally I place some value on my money actually going to the company. Reminds me I'm an owner rather than just trading a ticker code. I'm also not a high roller so brokerage is a real consideration for me.
    I hear you. Also prefer the money to go to the Co. but as the retail chunk was (and usually is these days) so trivial Im sure they will do OK regardless. Looks like my route will probably work out a smidge more expensive after that low close but knowing the result up front makes me a happier punter.

Advanced Member

Thanks for those views on the SPP.
    I may regret it but in the end let it go, just didn't seem a compelling reason either way with the current SP around the same level & with likely more market sentiment volatility ahead.
    Best of luck for quick gains to those who took it up.

Just in case anyone forgot, as well as the current capital raise, IFT will be paid about 170m AUD by Tilt in a couple of week's time.

I wonder what they have in mind for the new half billion dollar war chest.

Veteran novice

Some would have you believe that they will buy SKT - several times over!

Investor

Just in case anyone forgot, as well as the current capital raise, IFT will be paid about 170m AUD by Tilt in a couple of week's time.

I wonder what they have in mind for the new half billion dollar war chest.
    I'm picking they'll announce some sort of opportunity in next couple of weeks once SPP and divvy money is all accounted into the kitty.