sharetrader
Page 487 of 697 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It started with some made up stuff from the 'past her prime' commentator Fran o'sullivan.

Simon's pleas for compassionate release with funerals were pretty much the only valid thing I think. Though what I don't understand is article after article on the 'scandal' of people who leave without tests AFTER their 14 days when the virus has disappeared. Some journalists need to learn how viruses and epidemiology works.
    Funny how journos are past their use by once they start exposing cracks. I do recall Fran being asked what she thought of Cindy's Foreign Policy pre election. Fran's reply..."She clearly has no clue."

The issue with people being released from managed isolation without being tested was largely due to the cockup of that managed isolation. People on day 10 mingling with new arrivals etc...all documented. If you don't understand this being a problem I can't help you.

Guru

It's a team that delivers real things as opposed to marketing and slogans.

I think the ambition of light rail is good but you need Lab to deliver this.
    Oh the irony.

If there are two lines that some up the blindness on display, those are the two!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Oh the irony.

If there are two lines that some up the blindness on display, those are the two!
    Labour did deliver free first year fees, and very quickly. Easy to deliver inputs. Outcomes not so much.

IMO

It started with some made up stuff from the 'past her prime' commentator Fran o'sullivan.

Simon's pleas for compassionate release with funerals were pretty much the only valid thing I think. Though what I don't understand is article after article on the 'scandal' of people who leave without tests AFTER their 14 days when the virus has disappeared. Some journalists need to learn how viruses and epidemiology works.
    Yes a concerted biased attack .all the wonderful successes from the beginning to last week , its like they never existed. this has been an intense media and national attack bomb ala trump dumbing down tactics focuses entirely on negativity,misinformation, bias, divisive in extreme and malicious for our country.
    Gordon Campbell says it well on Werewolf.

Gordon Campbell on the media collusion with National’s attack lines

"I’m not suggesting that border lapses should not be reported. Some of the past mistakes – probably born of complacency about our early success – have been identified and rectified. Yet on the current evidence they have been corrected so far, without any serious consequence for anyone. Again, why has the media – presumably through naivete rather than complicity – been so willing to piggy back on the Opposition attack lines in lieu of doing its own reporting on and evaluation of our response to the pandemic? Sure, good news tends to be boring, but the readiness to blow some of the lapses that have occurred right out of proportion has been inexcusable, and is of advantage to only one side of the political debate."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Labour did deliver free first year fees, and very quickly. Easy to deliver inputs. Outcomes not so much.
    And what an ill-thought-out policy that is.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    If National had been in power during the pandemic True true true , so help me Dog.

A very scary thought, what if? A very colourful,simplistic but accurate "What if".Weve dodged covid tipped bullets there!

"If National were in charge during pandemic, they would’ve ignored it like the Housing crisis, they would’ve underfunded it like the Health crisis and they would’ve followed the science the way they followed it over the state house meth hysteria!
    In short, we’d all be dead.
    "National is the party of the property speculator, the banker and the farmer. They would have moved heaven and high hell to protect them from the pandemic by keeping our borders wide open. They would allow a mountain of dead to have occurred before doing anything that might hurt their rich mates.
    Don’t tell me National would have listened to the ‘science’ – National don’t give two ****s about the ‘science’! Remember the State House meth hysteria?
    Remember how National needlessly pissed $120million against the wall for state house decontamination that the science said wasn’t needed?"
    TDB Recommends NewzEngine.com

Remember how National threw 1000 beneficiaries onto the streets in the middle of a housing crisis and banned them from any more state housing despite the science saying there was no health contamination issues or legal proof those tenants had actually even smoked the meth?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes a concerted biased attack .all the wonderful successes from the beginning to last week , its like they never existed. this has been an intense media and national attack bomb ala trump dumbing down tactics focuses entirely on negativity,misinformation, bias, divisive in extreme and malicious for our country.
    Gordon Campbell says it well on Werewolf.

Gordon Campbell on the media collusion with National’s attack lines

"I’m not suggesting that border lapses should not be reported. Some of the past mistakes – probably born of complacency about our early success – have been identified and rectified. Yet on the current evidence they have been corrected so far, without any serious consequence for anyone. Again, why has the media – presumably through naivete rather than complicity – been so willing to piggy back on the Opposition attack lines in lieu of doing its own reporting on and evaluation of our response to the pandemic? Sure, good news tends to be boring, but the readiness to blow some of the lapses that have occurred right out of proportion has been inexcusable, and is of advantage to only one side of the political debate."
    Excellent common sense article in my opinion by Gordon Campbell, although some may disagree.

It is not in the best interests of the team of five million either to blow the lapses out of proportion. There is already lot of unreasonable fear in the community which is not based on the actual risk of catching coronavirus. The fear and associated mental health issues will not help us in the recovery and to get the economy going again. Building and maintaining trust and confidence in the government response is so important. Some commentators in the media take a short sighted approach manipulating and escalating people’s emotions to sell the news. The media has not always served New Zealand well during the crisis.
    Last edited by moka; 27-06-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Oh the irony.

Refer to the agreement between NZ first and Labour.. nearly everything in that has been delivered on time.

We have Germany's mmp election system not the UK's FPP election system.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 27-06-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Veteran novice

Refer to the agreement between NZ first and labour.. nearly everything delivered.
    Has the full agreement ever been made public? What, for example, did it say about CGT? Or light rail for Auckland?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Has the full agreement ever been made public? What, for example, did it say about CGT? Or light rail for Auckland?
    A long list in the published coalition agreement, and it would be interesting to see a comprehensive analysis of delivery against the list. Even a quick glance indicates plenty not delivered, and a lot of those that may have been achieved are not exactly real things.