sharetrader
Page 322 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2222723123183193203213223233243253263323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    What does CARE stand for?
    Communication Accountability Responsiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The Vodafone transition has began...

https://careers.vodafone.com/job/Auckland-CARE-Transition-Manager/607233301/

Play a key role in defining and planning the roadmap of change
    This thread needs a sarcasm or trolling checkbox. Please tell me your kidding.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    This thread needs a sarcasm or trolling checkbox. Please tell me your kidding.

Couldn't Acquire Rotten Egg.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Guru

I think it comes from Aramaic and roughly means "He who owns the SKY(.NZ) owns the world..."

My translation skills may be a little rusty.

That sounds like corporate doublespeak. But there is a lot of that these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    Communication Accountability Responsiveness

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12344107

Surprisingly restrained article from Mr Keall.

I am surprised that Showtime have pulled their content from Stan across the ditch. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

Personally, I don't see Showtime, HBO, FX etc doing as well by all going it alone. There are just too many services for people to subscribe to, and the costs to the consumer quickly mount.

Netflix is dominant and seen as a 'must have' by many households. Disney+ has done exceedingly well - but they have a very unique proposition. Anyone with kids will definitely fork out the $9.99 per month for the content.

If Showtime were to ditch Sky, can they really expect to get many subscribers in this market? I don't think so.

Consumers are well served right now with NEON for $13.95 per month - aggregating HBO, Showtime, FX and more.

It does also highlight how important it is for Sky to further diversify revenue streams ASAP. At least one of their 'key entertainment partners' is bound to try go it alone at some point. It may be an expensive lesson, and the partner may come back (note Disney have done a deal with Sky UK...) but in the meantime it would leave Sky exposed unless they have other viable revenue streams to help weather the streaming wars.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 30-06-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

I am surprised that Showtime have pulled their content from Stan across the ditch. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

Personally, I don't see Showtime, HBO, FX etc doing as well by all going it alone. There are just too many services for people to subscribe to, and the costs to the consumer quickly mount.

Netflix is dominant and seen as a 'must have' by many households. Disney+ has done exceedingly well - but they have a very unique proposition. Anyone with kids will definitely fork out the $9.99 per month for the content.

If Showtime were to ditch Sky, can they really expect to get many subscribers in this market? I don't think so.

Consumers are well served right now with NEON for $13.95 per month - aggregating HBO, Showtime, FX and more.

It does also highlight how important it is for Sky to further diversify revenue streams ASAP. At least one of their 'key entertainment partners' is bound to try go it alone at some point. It may be an expensive lesson, and the partner may come back (note Disney have done a deal with Sky UK...) but in the meantime it would leave Sky exposed unless they have other viable revenue streams to help weather the streaming wars.
    Although it did get me thinking... the move to take Showtime away from Nine...and given they own Ten Network in Aussie...

If you look at things in juuuuust the right way... it could be a signal that...

VIACOM ARE ABOUT TO OUTBID INFRATIL FOR SKY TV NZ!!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

We generally only have one subscription, very very occasionally two as now (Sky Sport and Netflix) So my better half has things she wants to watch....and we will discontinue one and start the other and watch the menu selected. Doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to watch/justify multiple services.

Guru

"The Repair Shop is a cool program on one of the SKY channels"

can you see this being a winner and driving ratings?

sorry really bad pun winner69...should we go in big at .12?