sharetrader
Page 586 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 8648653657658258358458558658758858959059663668610861586 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 19736
    Veteran novice

We pay for Kiwis, who choose to travel and return, to quarantine. At the least, we should compensate those who have been denied visits to dying and very ill family members.
    What "compensation" would you suggest, Bj ?

[QUOTE=macduffy;825840]What "compensation" would you suggest, Bj ?[/QUO
    Last edited by nevchev; 30-06-2020 at 01:05 PM. Reason: inappropriate

Membaa

Is this still the Oceania thread? You wouldn't think so. On topic please!

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    23rd july to report , have to remember most of the figures are outdated pre covid numbers so just like ryman nedd to look thru them for long term analysis
    What makes this report particularly interesting is that this is the first report in the sector that covers all levels of lockdown up then right back to normal operations.
    Last edited by Maverick; 30-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.

[QUOTE=nevchev;825844]
    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    What "compensation" would you suggest, Bj ?[/QUO
    a lot of people would be happy with that
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

[QUOTE=peat;825876]
    Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post

a lot of people would be happy with that
    I'd prefer money

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Is this still the Oceania thread? You wouldn't think so. On topic please!
    OCA's security costs had been raised. Some of those costs may have been incurred in preventing dying patients receiving visitors.

Did contracts for care give rest home/retirement villages the ability to deny visits from family or those holding powers of attorney to very ill or dying patients/residents?

If the Covid regulations over-rode the contracts for care, should an apology or compensation be offered to surviving family members or executors of the patients estates? Should the government or the care company provide the apology or compensation? I don't know what compo would be appropriate.

I have no idea how other facilities managed this, but our policy for end of life situations was - each case would be given consideration at the time and if it could be managed safely, family would be permitted to visit/sit with their loved one. We had one lovely lady die during lockdown. Her immediate family were allowed in to sit with her over the two days before she died. We admitted them through a back door so they could avoid main areas, they were questioned re any potential symptoms (and yes, we trusted them), they wore masks if they were outside of their mother’s room, and took all the other usual precautions as did everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    OCA's security costs had been raised. Some of those costs may have been incurred in preventing dying patients receiving visitors.

Did contracts for care give rest home/retirement villages the ability to deny visits from family or those holding powers of attorney to very ill or dying patients/residents?

If the Covid regulations over-rode the contracts for care, should an apology or compensation be offered to surviving family members or executors of the patients estates? Should the government or the care company provide the apology or compensation? I don't know what compo would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

There is nothing new about lockdowns. Every winter there are lockdowns in a few NZ rest homes because of norovirus. The safety of the residents overrides the rights of visitors to visit during an infection. Wouldn’t you be upset if your family member was infected by an unwell visitor?
    The care centre at a Taranaki retirement village is in lockdown after a number of staff and residents became unwell in a suspected norovirus outbreak.
    "The Care Centre is in lock down, which means no new residents or visitors can be admitted."
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dai...llage-lockdown

Anecdotal accounts on the MET thread of high end housing selling like hot cakes at a serious premium to pre covid prices auger well for OCA in the future as a lot of their units in Auckland are at the higher end, e.g. Meadowbank and the Sands).

Coutts tells me I might have overcooked my security cost estimate yesterday...generally didn't run security through the night.

The 30 June window for Australian Institutions keen to book tax losses for the Australian 2020 tax year on some / all of their stake they bought from Macquarie at $1.20 has now closed so hopefully we should see some easing of selling pressure from tomorrow onwards.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-06-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine